PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I just put a butt on the smoker. Its for pulled pork sammies on the lake this weekend. Gotta make some breakfast burritos for the road in the AM so we have a solid base to drink on during OU-Tejas at whatever sports bar we stop at to watch the game.

I'm afraid that means I may have to open one of those Shocktops I just bought.

I'm very afraid that means I ain't gonna get any work done this afternoon.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Good on ya!

johnboy
10-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Got a turkey defrosting right now that will be going on a rotisserie on Sat. morning. This will be the second time I've done this and they sure do turn out tasty. Pan of either white wine or apple juice under the bird to catch the drippings, add a little moisture and make a gravy base. Baste well and often with a butter/olive oil mix that I flavour (flavor?) up with some fresh sage and rosemary from the herb garden and yum!

Big pan of roast root vegs (spuds, carrots, onions, neeps, and whatever else is in the fridge) to go with and apple and/or punkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canuks and the rest of you have a great weekend.

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Well now, and so it is Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, right? Do you call it Black Sunday? Hopefully Canada hasn't bought into that whole black shopping day bullshit.

Anyway, Johnboy Happy Thanksgiving.

"Oh Canada"

and one other thing, I see in some provinces that its an 'optional holiday' . Who'd turn down a holiday? I don't think I ever have. I'm a holiday whore.

BKB

Captain
10-11-2013, 05:27 PM
To the bestious neighbors in the world!

O Canada! Our home and native land
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise
The true north, strong and free
From far and wide, O Canada
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee.

Hope you have a goodin'.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 07:56 PM