PDA

View Full Version : Oh NOW its personal....

Captain
10-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Conine said last week he wanted to see how OBummer care was gonna affect folks pocketbook.

Well I just got this text from my wife. "Insurance going up almost $40 per pay ck. due to AHC act" Let see she gets paid every 2 weeks, 26 pay periods a year. That's over a thousand dollars a year out of my home coffers...

Dammit man!
I have not talked to her except by text but she said, higher deductibles, and cost for prescription meds. And y'all thought I was bitchin' about OBummer before.

Here I am an old retired feller just getting ready to take my seat on the wagon and now I'll probably have to go back to gainful employment just to keep food on the table..

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Arty
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
And just think. It's only just begun. Companies don't even know what the REAL cost to all this is gonna be.

Niner
10-11-2013, 08:16 PM
When the Obummercare started up last week it hit me that it was no small coincidence that most employers have their Open Enrollment in the Oct/Nov timeframe.

And only then would folks learn how much more they'd be paying for less coverage. At least that's what I am afraid of.

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Mine went up five bucks.

BKB

Buckrub
10-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Yours? Or Yours + Verizons?

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Mine isn't going up at all. We're told that our "richest" plan (90/10) will likely be considered a Cadillac plan within a couple I years and we'll likely have to drop it as being too expensive because of the tax bite.

Niner
10-11-2013, 11:38 PM
OK, so the spread so far is Hank's family at $0.00 increase and Larke's family at $1000+.
I am sincerely hoping ours, when it is revealed, is closer to the former than the latter.

Posthole, is that five bucks per year, or per week increase?

BarryBobPosthole
10-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Per month. Went up 60 bucks a year they say is for ACA admin purposes. Verizon has held the line quite well on health care costs. I'm not sure how close we are to being a 'cadillac' plan but I'm happy with how they've handled health care cost increases.

We did go through some years 3-5 years ago when it went up pretty steadily in the 15% range but they've held the line the last few.

BKB

Captain
10-12-2013, 05:36 AM

Captain
10-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Conine there was someone last week that posted about their rates going up here. I can't remember which thread it was on.

Buckrub
10-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Posty, you still didn't answer if that $5 was just your part, or whether it was yours + Verizons?

Also, are you getting same thing? Many folks are seeing the amount of their copays and deductibles double and triple. Lots of higher costs, not just premiums.

DeputyDog
10-12-2013, 09:21 AM
I posted about my wife's coverage through her school changing. They had to switch plans completely to try to keep the cost close to what they already had. Of course the deductible went up. It just took effect, and she hasn't gotten her next check since the switch, so I'm not sure how close the cost is to what she already had.

She has the kids on her insurance because we couldn't afford to put them on mine. Luckily I can be covered as well under hers for vision and dental so that I dont' have to pay for that too with mine. If I had to pay for that through my insurance, I'd take a huge hit.

Buckrub
10-12-2013, 09:39 AM
My part D premium letter just arrived. Premium went up 60%. Copays approximately doubled. I'll be shopping a new one, but most likely all are this way.

The real issue is going to surface in a few years. We'll all have insurance (but it'll be expensive), but there'll be fewer doctors, longer waits, and we'll begin to scream. I know one doctor that just retired prematurely, and two more that are considering either A) not taking ANY insurance from anybody, or B) giving up the practice and either going on salary somewhere or just sitting on their IRA.

Captain
10-12-2013, 09:51 AM
The big explosion will be when OBummer care collides with immigration and illegals. Just stand by you heard it here first....

Buckrub
10-12-2013, 10:01 AM
They will always be free. Just like my brother, who just got free Medicaid, and already had Food Stamps. The illegal immigrants already have it too, I see 'em using it. At least in this state, if you have Food Stamps, you now automatically get free Medicaid. Not sure why they'd revolt against that deal?

Captain
10-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Well in our case it's over a thousand a year off the top then doctors visits doubled from 25 to 50. I don't know about prescriptions yet. So this will take 1500 to 2000 a year out our pockets easy, plus Ding Dong has doubled gas in 3 or 4 years. There's another couple of grand a year gone... Not to mention food cost and everything else you buy has risen because of the fuel cost. I'd say easy it costing us about 5 to 6 grand a year more to live than it did when Bush was in office. He and his supporters can shove their change up their ass.

Niner
10-12-2013, 09:28 PM
That Damned George Bush!!!!

Thumper
10-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Well, I'm safe ... so far! I just got this news in a letter from the VA a couple weeks ago:

The Affordable Care Act, also known as the health care law, was created to expand access to coverage, control health care costs and improve health care quality and care coordination. The health care law does not change VA health benefits or Veterans’ out-of-pocket costs.

Niner
10-18-2013, 07:03 AM
Well..........
Wifey got their first bit of info on the new insurance rates at her work yesterday. Our insurance cost (that is the bi-weekly premiums) is going DOWN. BUT that is because they are not offering the plan we are now on anymore. Going to have to go with the "next tier down" plan, as that is now their best offering. OH, and the co-pays are doubling (at least) and the deductibles are going up too.
:banghead
Since I am "disabled" (I really don't like that label) now, and have been for a while.....we got some stuff in the mail the other day from Medicare. Forms and stuff we need to fill out for me to get onto that as well. MAN, sometimes I just feel like that lady in the "fallen and can't get up" commercial where she says "That's not for me....that's for OLD people!!!".
:(

BarryBobPosthole
10-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Mine is going up $5 a month period. Same coverage, same co pays, etc. I believe my family doctor I've been going to for 30 years is moving to a new plan of his own that is part of a wellness plan. We haven't decided if we're moving to it with him or not. It costs about $3400 a year and we have unlimited access to him, no copays no nothing, he'll even make house calls if we need him to. the upshot is we have to have take some medical tests to prove we're healthy enough for the plan before we can be accepted in it. Its a way he can protect his income and he can move out of the mainstream family health care practice. he's afraid he'll get swamped with new patients and he won't be able to compete with the big hospitals who do family medicine clinics and can afford the overheard he fears ACA will bring. Anyway, we'll see.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Mine didn't go up at all. That's deductibles, co-pays, anything. A lot of that is based on the fact that we already provided many of the benefits now prescribed by the ACA. We also mostly self-insure (for all but really catostrophic illness), just use the insurance companies for administrators, and our "experience" has been good the past few years. Quite a few larger companies actually do this. I think what we're going to see acclerate (it was already happening anyway) is more Docs choosing to operate in large multi-doctor practices where they can achieve some economies of scale and a lot more sole practitioners choosing not to accept insurance at all. Basically, the sole practitioner's will be pay as you go and you work it out with your insurer. It saves them a ton of back-office costs. I've also heard that quite a few Docs have been selling their practices to hospitals. This happened quite a bit about 20 years ago when health systems were basicallly buying up referrals. Back then Docs were selling at a premium. Now, it's a fire sale.

Thumper
10-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Co9 quote:

Since I am "disabled" (I really don't like that label) now, and have been for a while.....we got some stuff in the mail the other day from Medicare.

Bill, Medicare will kick in automatically once you've been on disability for two years ... no matter your age, etc.

It made no real difference to ME ... but it helps the VA a bit. What they do now is bill anything, that Medicare will cover, to them. What doesn't get paid by Medicare, the VA picks up. So I don't realize any difference at all. The same goes for Obama Care ... doesn't affect me in any way.