PDA

View Full Version : The Cardinals are gonna..........

Buckrub
10-12-2013, 07:30 PM
put this old man back in Coronary ICU.

I swear.

Football sucks. These guys are gonna drive me nuts.

If the Cards don't sign Wacha, Kelley, Rosenthal, Martinez to long term deals (and trade Lynn), they are as nuts as the guy who let a football game be played in Busch Stadium.

And poor kid Oscar Taveres. he had to get hurt. Now they will HAVE to sign Beltran for one more year, no matter what the salary. Stupid not to. Rest him all year, let him pinch hit, and then showcase him come October.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2013, 09:37 AM
So nowyou're down on Lynn and off Descalso? How many of Lynn's wins this year would you give back to be able to get rid of him?

And the Sooners sure got their asses whomped. But it was a good deed. Now we'll have old yeller toof to make fun of for another year. Sure hope those young folks learned something fromthis experience. From the looks of thingS it looked to me like the Sooners expected they'd walk all over Texas. Symptom of a very young team.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm down on Lynn as a starter for this year.......so is Matheny! And I'm down on his sorry attitude on the mound. I don't like it, and won't like it even if he goes 22-5. I watched almost every game, and his wins were backed by a great offensive showing that day. He has great Reliever Stuff, and could help there tremendously. But he was promoted months ago OVER Kelley, and before that OVER Miller (who isn't even starting) and OVER Wacha (as was everyone else). So yeah, I'm 'down' on him. And "trade" is not "death". I think we're overstaffed in pitchers and need a hitting shortstop, a hitting 3B, and a hitting CF, of highest quality. If even one of those becomes available at a decent price, Lynn is great trade bait BECAUSE he's good.

And I thought football would be better this year than last year's JOKE. And it is more serious. I'll give it that.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2013, 10:45 AM
I may admit to being biased to Kosma because he's a local boy, but I think his defensive skills merit his startingrole and I also thinkthe offensive production will improve with experience. He and Descalso alternating there is fine I think. Hell, we're not an AL team. You want Kung Fu Panda there?
I like the chemistry of this team. I can'tthonk of what we'd we trade Lynn for. And I agree his role might be in the pen.

Yesterday's game was awesome! Now They have to face Waino down two games.i'd hate to be in Mattingly's shoes right now. He kind of costthem game one ifyou ask me, and nobody did.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Kosma is the last guy I'd trade, but I'd take someone awesome. I remember Ozzie.......he couldn't hit either. Never did a lot, but learned to somewhat. And yes, a SS, CF, and Catcher are valuable if they are A+ on defense. No, everyone can't hit. BUT EVERYONE CAN'T HAVE 9 GREAT PITCHERS EITHER!!! :)

I'd trade Lynn and Jay and Freese for Andrew McCutcheon tomorrow!!!

Poor Mattingly. Great guy, ALMOST fired till Puig showed up and they turned it around. But he can't help injuries. Two big ones. But nobody could hit WachaWacha, man.

I trust Wano totally. But four games this year, he STUNK from the first pitch. My pessimist side keeps waiting on that to reappear. If it does, I hope it's in April, 2014.