PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bucknut....

Big Muddy
10-14-2013, 04:48 PM
You and your wifey gonna be doing any more camping before cold weather gets here???

I took the pontoon to the Chicot State Park on the north end of Chicot, yesterday, to top off the gas tanks, before I store it for the winter.

Got to looking around the park, and WOW!!!

That is one nice park!!!....it's got ALL the amenities.

Ya'll oughta think about making a trip down there....you won't be disappointed.

If ya do, give me a shout....only 10 minutes from our lakehouse.

Buckrub
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
I drove by there, remember? It is ok as a park. Not enough trees, but that's good for satelitte tv!!! :)

Grandma is in Georgia this week. When she gets back, I will be deer hunting. Then she goes to Colorado 10/23 for about 10 days, or something. I'm starting ML season at the Farm Sat morning, then migrating to camp whenever I get ready. If I kill a big 'un, I'm screwed, though.......by myself. Gotta figure out how to use the winch to get him on my wheely!

I doubt we go camping rest of year. It's time to deer hunt.

BUT, if I could ever nail your feet to the ground that is one place I'd like to go camping and take the boat and MAKE you take me out and GPS every one of your honey holes. Hopefully anytime after January 2!!! :)

Big Muddy
10-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Sorry, Bucky, but if you stayed on hiway 82, like you said you did, when you passed thru that day, then you did NOT go by the new Chicot State Park.

What you saw on hiway 82, right before entering Lake Village, was a privately-owned rv/camper village.

And, as far as """nailing my feet down""" for a hook-up, I DO believe it was you who changed your itinerary, and came thru a day early, last time....I have witnesses!!! ;)

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/lakechicot/#.UlzRio8o5-U

Captain
10-15-2013, 08:37 AM
And, as far as """nailing my feet down""" for a hook-up, I DO believe it was you who changed your itinerary, and came thru a day early, last time....I have witnesses!!! ;)

He came through a day early but it's still your fault y'all could not meet... You GOT to learn Buckrub-logic if you gonna hang out here cousin. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
10-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Yep, Cap....I'm learning.

Next time, I'll just run off my visiting friends from the dinner table, and tell 'em, "Sorry, I gotta go meet a guy on the highway." ;)

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 09:24 AM
He woulda been thrilled to meet me too! And Cappy has it figured out. Smart man. Listen to him.

Oh, I did NOT know that. I did not stop, so I did think that was the state park. OK, great. I've stayed at Lake Dardanelle State Park, and it's great. I will dang sure look that up and put that on the agenda. But hopefully we can meet when you have a week of nothing so you can adjust to my flighty ways!!!! :)

I look forward to it. Wife can drag the boat and I can bring the camper and you can bring the steaks!! :D

Big Muddy
10-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Haha....if the gummit is still shut down, you'll hafta settle for chittlin's and boilt peanuts, instead of steak. ;)

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Why? You on welfare? I'll feed you, don't worry. I'm altruistic and philanthropical, and all.

Big Muddy
10-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Why? You on welfare? I'll feed you, don't worry. I'm altruistic and philanthropical, and all.

Just as long as you aint homolistic. ;)

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Um......um...........I........

I ain't sure I am or ain't. But I'm purty dang sure I ain't. I ain't looked it up yet though.

By the way, just how big a boy are you, anyway? Is your wife cute as mine?\

P.S.
Ed, you need to use your Arkansas Residence Card and get a tag and come on up to the farm Friday. ML season starts Saturday. I will be there alone, wife is not home till Monday or so. You will have to sit on the ground on a bucket, but you are welcome. I'm cooking (but not big time).

Big Muddy
10-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Man, I wish I could....planting seed wheat, as fast as I can....doubt I'll be finished until next week.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Planting seed wheat?

Or planting wheat seed?

Hmmm.

????

Captain
10-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Wheat seed is what you harvest and sell to be made into bread and other products.
Some of the wheat seed are taken and Inoculated and sold as seed wheat for planting a new crop. Seed wheat is what you put in the ground.

Wheat is what you sell at harvest

http://www.seedwheat.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
10-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Thank you, Cap.... very good explanation.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 11:33 PM
I knew that.

I was busting his chops. I didn't have nuthin' else to do it with.