View Full Version : Pulled these from the trailcam this weekend

Trav
10-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Trav
10-15-2013, 10:14 AM
one more1924

Captain
10-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Nice deer! Hopefully you will get to let the air out of him this season.
Noticed you are using the Wildgame cameras. I switched to them this year also. Really like them so far.
I've got 12 Moultrie cameras and they are useless. In fact they are all going in the dumpster.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 10:26 AM
For the first time, I bought a couple of cameras (well I tried it once but I got rid of it before it ever got used).........and I have one out at the farm.

I am not smart enough to even figure out if it is 'triggered' or 'set to work'. I hope it is. Makes no sense to me. There's a power button, but the red light flashes whether that button is on or not! I think these are El Cheapo's but I got them for a song and I'll try. I don't have any out at camp yet.

I DO have two Primos DPS cameras that work. I like those. Different. Same as "Plot Watcher" and I got them for "Two for $44.00" on sale. But I've used them, and they work great. But not same thing as other trail cameras, just solve a specific need.

I guess a guy has to buy a Reconyx or Cuddeback to get it right. But man, I don't know. I'd sure like to see what we have. But 'running them' is also a chore, and batteries are an issue, etc.......just more work than I've had time for, but still, I'm intrigued......we just don't do it at camp and so we have no idea what we have.

Bwana
10-15-2013, 12:00 PM
What is wrong with them Cappy? I have one, and was looking at buying a couple others because I wouldn't be out much if they were stolen so am curious as to why you are tossing yours. The only problem I have is not paying enough attention when I set them and get loads of pictures of waving tree branches rather then of deer.

Hope you find the one you want once the season opens up Trav.

Arty
10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
That's some nice head gear!

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 12:05 PM
One thing I found out about all cameras, or almost all I guess...........and I did NOT know this (everyone else probably already did). They do not snap at movement. They snap pictures at "heat". Or at least some of them do, heck this might have changed in recent years.

But that is goofy to me. I want to see movement. That's why the Plotwatcher type is good.....but it only works in daytime.

From all the hunting sites I've seen, a discussion of trail cameras is about like Chevy/Ford/Toyota.