PDA

View Full Version : Happy Dance

Big Skyz
10-15-2013, 10:18 AM
I bought a new Ruger 77 Hawkeye Predator Rifle way back in March. I finally got around to sighting it in last night. There are not many things in this world that can make me break out instantly into a "Happy Dance" but when the first 3 shot group looks like this...I turn into a happy dancing fool. To say I'm super happy is an understatement. I wouldn't want to be a coyote around me this winter.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/New%20Pics/group1_zpsab0286ae.jpg

Trav
10-15-2013, 10:21 AM
BS,

What caliber? I have buddy and he wants to sell me his 6MM and I am thinking about it. It's a Remington model 7.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 10:22 AM
I will pay you to come hunt our coyotes hard, for a week. I will pay lots of money and food and stuff. Really.

Big Skyz
10-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Trav, oops I meant to mention that in my initial post. My new rifle is a .204 Ruger. I have an identical model in 22-250 that I've slayed coyotes with the last couple years. However, pelts are actually worth quite a bit now and while the 22-250 kills coyotes really well, it also blows them to pieces. I wanted to use something a little more fur friendly.

Bucky, if only I were made of money and had time...

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm offering to pay you huge dollars. I mean HUGE!!!

Each one is about 6 full inches. Honest. I mean it.

We need you.

quercus alba
10-15-2013, 10:55 AM
I was reading an article in one of those trendy outdoor magazines and they said that in some southern and southeastern counties, that coyotes kill up to 80% of the fawn crop every year. I don't know about that many but there is a lot of them jackwagons around. Wisht, they'd eat of some of these blooming turkeys and leave the deer alone.

Big Skyz
10-15-2013, 10:59 AM
They do eat the turkeys and can completely wipe out the population. I know because they've done it right here. We don't even have a turkey season in this part of the state because the coyotes have eating about 90% of them. It's a rare day that a person see's a turkey around here. The habitat around here is just too much in the coyotes favor and turkeys don't stand a chance.

Bwana
10-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Double-clutch

Bwana
10-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Bucky,
It sounds to me like the club needs to buy some traps and give the coyotes a what for. Though it can be hard work, trapping can be a rewarding and money-making proposition. It would seem to me that it would help you guys out in the deer department as well.

BS, let me know how that gun works on coyotes for you.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Bwana, you're right.

But we can't even get the guys to show up for normal work weekends.

Now I find out that there may be no one there opening weekend of ML season. Man, how times change.

Bwana
10-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Don't need a bunch of guys Bucky. Hell, if you don't sit in your stand all day, just lay out a line during your downtime and watch the dog population start dwindling. Heck, if you do it right you might even save up enough coin to properly anchor your tree palace.

Captain
10-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Coyotes are SO easy to control. All you need is some powered insecticide and hamburger meat. Mix, drive your wheelie around throwing out little half pound burger meat balls. Coyotes, raccoons, possums, feral cats.... Gone.
Buzzards so fat they have to walk around. :-)
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Captain
10-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Trav, I got a Howa, Axiom in .204 Ruger, tricked out scope, dead nutz scope mount system, sling, bipod, very nice outfit I'd be willing to let go if you are looking for a varmint rifle.
Looks just like this one and it's a tack driver.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Powdered?

Deer won't eat that?

Captain
10-15-2013, 02:33 PM
You mix the powder with hamburger meat dufe like I said.
I guess if your deer eat meat then you will have a problem

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 02:36 PM
I dunno. I don't think they eat anything. But I'd be afraid they'd try it.

But it sure sounds intriguing. Never thought of it.

Guess you could use deer meat!!! Perpetual Cycle!!! :)

Trav
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Cappy, if you still have that in Jan or Feb, I might take you up on that. Having a sister in cancer treatment without insurance is pretty hard on the bank account.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 04:43 PM
You ain't been around much, Trav (neither have I and about to get worse). But my knees have not forgotten you guys.

Trav
10-15-2013, 06:47 PM
I know Bucky and I appreciate everyone thoughts and prayers

Captain
10-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Trav, I'm not actively trying to sell the rifle. It ain't eating. Just give me a shout first of next year if you want it. Plead keep us posted on your sister. We have hoed that row in this household too....