PDA

View Full Version : New Phone

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 12:17 PM
This is NOT an 'argument' thread. Most of the time my tongue is way back in my cheek when I 'argue' over phones or ATV's or trucks. Man, they are all good.

I guess I am just old........I'm amazed at what all a "phone" will do these days. Floors me. Apps. I mean, whoever thunked up "apps"? I couldn't even set up my portable satellite dish last week till I downloaded one that tells me where every satellite is. Amazing.

There are pluses and minuses of all of 'em. And they all break down. My buddy's iPhone blew up and had to take it to shop (they fixed it somehow). My phone was doing odd things, working mostly, but.......it'd decide to dial someone whenever it wanted. Or you'd look at screen, and the calculator, or something, would be on it. And the battery was starting to wear down SOME, not bad, but some. I coulda got a new battery...

But I was in Sam's yesterday buying stuff for hunting and...........there it was. What I really have been lusting for. The new Samsung Note III. Sam's is only place that has them right now.......I think. Others are 'pre order'. They had two left. So I splurged. Wow.

This is an amazing phone. To all those who say "That wouldn't fit in my pocket", I say "Yes it will, any pocket". The S-Pen is amazing. The size of the screen is beyond Wowzers. The clarity is mind blowing. I transferred everything from old phone to this one with Bluetooth and "Near Device Transfer". Bam. Old apps downloaded fine.

This is the most amazing phone I've ever seen. Just mind blowing. But in two months, everyone will have one better I guess. Not that I care. So long as this one works, I can't imagine getting another one. Wow.

just an endorsement, for whatever it's worth.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Good grief.

This thing has a toggle switch to turn on/off a feature that makes the screen stay "on" and not go dark, regardless of what time settings you put, IF you are looking at it.

it knows if I'm looking at it.

Sounds like a woman!

Arty
10-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Is that the phone that scrolls down the page as you move your eyes down the page?

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 12:52 PM
apparently not.

Trav
10-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Bucky, I want one of those for my work phone it would sure make reading the work e-mails easier. I think I can renew on 10/20 so I am going to look into it.

Buckrub
10-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Don't know about Verizon store......ATT store doesn't have them till 10/31. Sam's has a FEW apparently. There was one left when I got mine.

It makes reading everything easier......my MAIN gripe with cellphones is the small screen now that we do all this data stuff with them. This is the Cat's Pajamas.