PDA

View Full Version : Trying to post pics

TXBert
10-15-2013, 10:39 PM
See if this works on this new site. Not done this in a long time.

Here's what's running around the farm so far this year. Some very young bucks I hope make it past this season.

quercus alba
10-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Looky at all them chops and sausages on the hoof. Trot a few of them up this way if you get tired of them eating up your corn

TXBert
10-15-2013, 11:07 PM
You can have all of them you want. I'm sick of them.

Captain
10-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Man I do like shooting them porkers. Look like you use OnTime feeder motors. Best feeder made with best warranty. We have had to start put coon/squirrel proofing on the feeder legs and well as Staking down the legs cause the hogs around here have learned they can knock them over.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

TXBert
10-16-2013, 10:54 AM
That's a moultree, we do have some on time ones out there. I have 4ft of rebar inside each leg driven into the ground for the hogs. They will push them over if they go empty. Had one hog knock one over and rip the on time feeder mech off and chew on it. It still works though.

Captain
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Yep them On time motors you can shoot with a shotgun and they will work! Great product.

I'm on the "outs" with Moultrie right now. Not to go into details but it's something about like Thumper experience with costumer service...

We do the same thing with the rebar in the ground and then up inside the legs about a foot or so. I usually weld a leg "stop" about 18 inches up the rebar so the feeder leg cannot slip down when the ground gets soft from rain. It works great to help level the feeder too if on uneven ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner