PDA

View Full Version : NINER is da' man!

Big Skyz
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Bill thank you for the package. I wasn't expecting anything more than just a couple plastic worms. Imagine my surprise when you supplied the whole dang kit...worms (two sizes), weights, and hooks. Holy cow you went above and beyond. Now I'm just hoping it will fool the local fisheses. I will get out and try ASAP and let you know. Thank you again. The people on this site really are some of the greatest people on the wholedangplanet!

Captain
10-16-2013, 11:12 AM
They don't get much better than Niner! He's a goodin'

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2013, 11:15 AM
He'll do in a pinch!
BKB

Captain
10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
It's all George Bush's fault.. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
BS, I haven't been using that stuff for some time. I'm glad to "pay it forward" and see if they won't catch some of those Montana Monsters. I think the last time I tried those little worms was the 1st or 2nd year after we stocked Lake Co9 with bass minnows. We used to tear up the trout on The Chattahoochee with them when no one else was getting a bite.

Just remember.....when you fish 'em, cast about 45° upstream and let the current carry it past you.
At least that's how we used to fish 'em in the ribber. And there's several ways to rig the worm on the hook.

Depending on the current and depth, you'll want one or maybe two of those shot weights about 15" or so above the worm.
It ain't rocket science, and I know you'll figger it out.

GOOD LUCK.
Post up some picks when ya catch one. :)

Big Skyz
10-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I'll hook'em like I would a Texas rig (weedless), however the split shot will be a foot to 15" above the worm. One split shot will likely do it as the creek is really low right now. If they don't produce I'll had a little scent juice of some kind to them. Maybe soak them in a bottle of salmon eggs or sumpin. Either way they are going to get a fair shake on the creek.

Buckrub
10-16-2013, 12:34 PM
He needs to smile more. You ought to see my contact picture of him on my phone.

Other than that, he's fair, I guess. Ugly, but nice guy. :) :D