PDA

View Full Version : Hey Thumper

Big Skyz
10-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey if you aren't swamped with a million other things could you do me a little favor you being the ebay guru on this board. I saw your explanation to Cappy on how to search how well things sell on ebay. I can't access ebay from work and I will likely forget by the time I get home. Would you see if there is any market value for cleaned coyote, fox, badger, beaver, martin, porcupine, wolf or worlverine skulls? If that's too many many then just the wolf and wolverine please.

Captain
10-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Sky, that will prolly cost you a bucket of Chicken if you ever get to Florida. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Arty
10-16-2013, 03:26 PM
I may be wrong but I dont think eBay allows sale of furs, taxidermy, etc anymore.
But I might be wrong.

Thumper
10-16-2013, 03:51 PM
B/S ... I thought about selling some taxidermy stuff I have, but once I started reading the regulations, I got so bogged down, I decided the heck with it. I think one of the biggest problems is each state has it's own regulations as to what can be bought/sold. When you're dealing with eBay ... you're offering it to the world! Sure, you can restrict sales to whatever states you choose, but it still gets confusing. Heck, even once the sale is done, SHIPPING gets confusing.

I ran into some of this when I wanted to ship a pile of deer antlers to Arti and his boy. Once I started studying the Postal and State regulations, I got so confused I gave up.

That said, I see all sorts of antlers, mounts and skulls, etc. listed on eBay. I don't know if they're being sold by licensed taxidermists or what exactly the story is.

Bottom line is ... I have no frigging clue.

Here's some of the eBay restrictions ... I still think they are vague.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/wildlife.html#policy

Thumper
10-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Heck, I didn't even answer your question on prices. They're probably all over the map ... but I'll try to take a quick glance.

Thumper
10-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Wow! It looks like a completely "processed" ALASKAN wolf skull is bringing pretty good money and the big (Alaskan?) wolverine is bringing about the same averaging about $150.00. ($100-$185 + shipping)

Big Skyz
10-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks.