PDA

View Full Version : no good deed goes unpunished

LW
10-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Today, the boy had his last day of school before fall break. Knowing that they usually screw off all day before a break, I decided to go check him out for a day on Lake Eucha fishing. As soon as we got on the lake, he caught his first fish. Then his second. And third. And so on. By the end of the trip, he has caught and released 9 decent fish. I scored a big zero. It was still better than watching the Cardinals. I honestly have no reasonable explanation. Tomorrows another day.

Arty
10-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Well it still beats work!!!

Captain
10-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Sounds like you taught him pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2013, 08:41 PM
How's the water look at Eucha? Sounds like a great day/!

BKB

LW
10-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Truthfully, he isnt much of a fisherman. Which adds salt to my wound. He was having a blast getting them on topwater stuff. There ain't much in life funner than that.

LW
10-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Its pretty good. The crappie fishermen have been tearing them up. I did ok yesterday but sure couldnt catch crap today.

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Its about time Birddog and I got out somewhere. Maybe I'll call him tomorrow and see if he wantsto hit Eucha this Sat or Sun. I was thinking Spavinaw maybe too.

BKb

LW
10-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Have you had much experience with Hudson? I have a brother in law that loves fishing that lake. Spavinaw can be good.

BarryBobPosthole
10-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Its been several years since I fished Hudson but I have fished it a few times. Hudson is more like a wide river channel than it is a lake. You can be running at 30' in the channel and get out of it and be running in 5' and still be 100 feet from the bank. I imagine if a guy knew where to fish it, it'd be a good place to fish. I don't. Water quality is good and I'm hearing that it has some of the best shock survey results around this year.

One of the spots I've wanted to check out is the Neosho river channel up from the Arkansas to Fort Gibson dam. I've looked at it on Google earth and it looks like it ought to have some good places to fish. You ever been on it?

BKB

BKB

LW
10-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Never even thought about it to be honest. Your description of Hudson is exactly the reason that I dont really like it.

BarryBobPosthole
10-17-2013, 10:58 AM
We may just hit Pumpback. Been talking about it all summer.

BKB