PDA

View Full Version : A few quotes for the weekend reader..

Captain
10-18-2013, 04:04 PM
"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. President Obama, on Wall Street reform, Quincy, Ill., April 29, 2010

''I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.''
Barack Obama, defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

''UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems.''
Barack Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

''The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.''
Barack Obama, in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

''We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.''
President Obama, Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

''The Cambridge police acted stupidly.''
Barack Obama, commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

''When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia...''
President Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

''What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith...''
Barack Obama, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying ''your Christian faith,'' which Obama quickly clarified

''The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.''
Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

''I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go.''
Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

''In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed.''
Barack Obama, on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
10-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Somehow, it all has to be that Damned George Bush's fault!