PDA

View Full Version : Thighs

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Warning! Vodka induced post.

I grew up on fried chicken and I will tell you that I won't eat a fried thigh. There's nothing between a chicken's thigh but an asshole. It isn't meant to be eaten by christians.

But....a few years ago my bro in law grilled some chicken thighs that were damned good. Now, Three years later I can make a thigh on the grill that'll make your crop red.
I might be converted from being a wing man my whole life.

BKB

LW
10-20-2013, 07:04 AM
A 1 a.m. post titled "thighs". I cant put into words my disappointment.

Thumper
10-20-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm the same way with CHICKEN thighs P-hole ... don't care to eat them. I'm a leg/wing man myself. Don't get me wrong, I like ALL chicken pieces except the "back" ... but put a plate of chicken in front of me and I'll reach for the legs first (I let Lynn have the wings, her favorite).

BUT ... that said ... Lynn makes a KILLER adobo and usually uses thighs or many times leg quarters in that and I don't care what cut it is ... I'll be all over that chicken. It just falls off the bone anydamnway, so I just end up with a pile of meat.

quercus alba
10-20-2013, 08:37 AM
I don't eat the feet or drumsticks. Everything else is fair game, including livers, gizzards and hearts. Fried boiled baked sauteed grilled roasted toasted or in dumplings it don't matter. Speaking of chicken, I'm ears deep into cooking a big ole pot of seafood chowder right now and I'm thinking about chopping up a chicken breast in it

Thumper
10-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong. I love ALL chicken, I just have certain cuts I grab first. We eat out with Chinese friends quite often (in we fact had dinner with them last night) and we almost always have chicken feet. I eat 'em and they're good .. it's just that I'm too lazy to work at it and usually move on to something else after 1 or 2.

Captain
10-20-2013, 06:28 PM
We was so poor coming up, I was twelve years old before I knew you could eat any other part of a chicken other than that nubbin that hold the tail feathers on....
That's all my folks would let me have. :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

hotshot
10-20-2013, 10:50 PM
More of a breast guy.... oh, chickens..... Fried chicken is one of my favs. My dad too. A friend and he always try to find the best fried chicken when they travel together. The wives won't cook fried chicken for them anymore on account of it being not healthy. Some stuff just has to be eaten! fried chicken, no matter the piece of meat.

Buckrub
10-21-2013, 04:29 PM
1) Thigh
2) Leg
3) A hot dog or baloney sammich

I don't like chewing for an hour before my chicken parts will easily swallow. Dark meat only. Ever. Period. Ticks me off there ain't no dark meat nuggets!!!

and you ain't worryin' NONE about where it came from, or what it's close to, or you would eat a stinkin' egg.