PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Captain!

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Hope you have a good one and get some good news from the doc this morning. Otherwise they'll have to make a hay hook you can attach to your dingus.

BKB

Thumper
10-22-2013, 10:05 AM
His birthday present is going to the doc to have his blown-out shoulder looked at.

Did'ja know a person actually gets shorter with age? If he lives too long, he'll turn hisself inside out! :D

Happy Happy old man!

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Another symptom is you start repeating yourself.

BKB

Thumper
10-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah. Sumpin' really weird happened there. I posted ONCE ... but got some strange message about leaving the page and losing stuff somewhere ... heck, I don't even remember what all it said. All I know is when I hit "post reply" ... it double posted. Who knows?

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2013, 10:23 AM
When you try to explain it, it makes it worse (and funnier).

BKB

Thumper
10-22-2013, 10:26 AM
I just got the same message when I started to reply to your "health care" post. Sumpin' weird is happenin' here. I'll see if I can duplicate the message and do a cut & paste. I've never seen it before and it popped up on my last two posts.

jb
10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Happy Birthday, enjoy the day at the doc's office and a night with your beautiful wife.

Chicken Dinner
10-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Have a good one, Larke!

Big Muddy
10-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Happy Birthday, Cuz !!!!!
������������������������

HideHunter
10-22-2013, 11:28 AM
HBD!

Arty
10-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Have a good one!

Penguin
10-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Happy birthday Larke. Hope it's a good one for you.

Will

Captain
10-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks all... Just got in from being poked and prodded all morning.
As good looking as I am it looks like I'm wearing out.
Go for an MRI on the 31st. From the pictures he took today the doctor say he cannot tell if I've got enough tendon/mussel tissue left to reconnect. He will know more after the MRI.
Says if he cannot reconnect I have two options. Live with it as is or a total shoulder replacement with a artificial shoulder joint where he will connect different mussels to lift the arm.
The "good" news is he said I cannot screw it up any worse than it is. He said if I thought I could shoot a shotgun to go ahead and duck hunt. In that I'm right handed and lift the shotgun with my left arm and only rest the shotgun on my right shoulder I think I just might be OK with that. Prolly won't hit nothing but I'll have fun. He even said I could shoot a rifle if I could support it. Those box stands I have all have shooting rails in them so I think I will continue to try to hunt.
Maybe not the best news but at least I know it's totally FUBARed and anything I CAN do is ok TO do. It's not like I'm gonna "hurt" anything by trying.
100 years from now it won't matter anyway... And you can quote me on that!
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
At least hunting is still an option happy birthday Larke.

hotshot
10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Happy B day! take a swig or two of that shine of yours in celebration!

Big Skyz
10-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Well that is some mixed news on your shoulder. I was hoping for better for ya, but at least you know what the options are. Hope you kill a few critters before you have to resign going under the knife. Your comment about wearing out reminded me of what the surgeon told me last week. After he got done with his technical explanation with all the biological terms, I just looked at him and said, "sounds like old age". He smiled and replied; "Yup, you're wearing out." Considering he's 15 to 20 years my senior I think he speaks from experience. :)

Hope you have a Happy Birthday no matter what your age.

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Larke, I'll start looking for plans on the internet for a moveable turret, like in the rear ends of those old B17s. We could mount one on the top of one of your towers and you'd be in bidness. wouldn't even have to lift the gun.

sounds like that total replacement deal might be the way to go. At least then you wouldn't have to worry about it. Don't know what it'd do to your fastball.

BKB

Captain
10-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks guys. Posthole the hard part is getting in the stand with a gun. Think I'll just get in the safe and put a rifle in each of the stands and leave them in there. That way all I got to do is go....
I'm hoping there will be enough where he can reattach the tendon to the shoulder. I'm REALLY not liking the sound of that shoulder replacement. But I guess I'll have to do what he suggest.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2013, 04:41 PM
I'll bet you the rehab is close to the same for both. In that case I'd go for the best in the long term.
BKB

johnboy
10-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Happy birthday and best of luck with the shoulder! I think almost everyone I know around my age (course you're much younger :D) has had or is having shoulder issues. Just part of the fun of growing old, I guess.

Buckrub
10-22-2013, 06:13 PM
My gosh. I hate hearing this. I was looking forward to heading to camp tomorrow and shooting my new gun, but this is a downer. Wow.

Still, they can't tell for sure till they see the MRI. So do that, and THEN let's cry, ok? I know it hurts, been there.........

And in every stand I have, I use a gun rope. I can pull it up with one arm and my teeth, if I have to. Just sayin'........... something to think about.

Dang. This hurts. Dang.