PDA

View Full Version : Wow!! Talk about customer service!!

Thumper
10-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Remember the Zippo lighter I picked up at an estate sale a couple weeks ago? Here's the link: http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?3047-A-cool-score!&highlight=zippo

Well, I just answered a knock on my door and it was the UPS dude with a delivery ... my repaired Zippo! Man-o-man ... I shipped it to them for repair and was surprised they didn't ask for return postage. Anyway, all I sent in was the bare lighter wrapped in a bit of bubble wrap.

It was just returned to me via UPS with no return postage requested and it was inside a UPS shipping envelope, which contained a bubble-wrap padded envelope, which in turn contained a small box. Talk about well packaged! I opened everything up and inside was my lighter, all clean and shiny. They replaced the whole internal works and even returned the old original (broken) one. I compared the two and can find no difference whatsoever other than being brand new with a new wick and flint. That's not all ... the lighter was enclosed in a new, Zippo presentation box. They also sent a package of new flints, a laminated card with all the Zippo coding so that I can read the codes to figure out the year any Zippo was manufactured .. AND of course some sales literature listing all the Zippo lighters available and their prices, along with a nice "letter" from the President/CEO thanking me for using their product. Again ... although this lighter is almost 50 years old ... there was NO charge.

Dang! I'm impressed. Now THAT is good, old-fashioned, American, customer service! Kudos to Zippo.

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2013, 03:53 PM
that's pretty cool, Thumper. If I can locate my old one with the injun on it I may do the same thing.

BKB

LW
10-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I have several in my collection that need work. I may send them in also.

johnboy
10-22-2013, 04:53 PM
That is impressive in this day of "fuck you" from most manufacturers. Good for them!

Thumper
10-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't know if youse dufes realize it or not, but Zippo also bought out Case Cutlery about 20 years ago ... so they also own Case Knives and their guarantee is the same (lifetime).

Captain
10-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Case was owned by a friend of my Dads named Jim Parker. He an Jim Frost started a knife company 30 years ago called Parker/Frost (look up some of their knife prices). They split and Jim Parker bought Case. He rode it to the point of Bankruptcy and Zippo purchased it from him.
They have done a great job bringing it back but the prices are out the roof for a good pocket knife.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner