PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of customer service .... Remington

Niner
10-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Thump's post re customer service made me think about this.

I bought a "slightly used" Remington 700 CDL a few years back. About a year after I got it the clear finish on the stock started chipping off (on the fore end tip). I called 'em and they had me send it to their repair dealer. They sent be back a brand new CDL stock. Fast forward a year or so.... The recoil pad on the stock started "rotting away", for lack of a better description.
I called Rem cust svc again. This time they mailed me a new recoil pad...no charge.

The othe week I noticed my wife's 700 SPS Youth rifle was having the same issue with it's recoil pad. Once again a call to Remington. Talked to a nice gal in NC. She said that serial number has one of a bad batch of Limbsaver Recoil Pads on it. She's sending me a new one AND screws....no charge.

SO you Rem 700 owners. IF your rifle's recoil pad starts "rotting", "melting" or "deteriorating"....or if you are looking at a used 700 that is....call Rem's Cust Svc line. It seems there is an "unadvertised" recall on them.

Big Skyz
10-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Niner I'm glad they treated you so well. I ordered a 28" camouflaged barrel from them a couple years ago. They sent me a black matte 28" barrel. When I called customer service the nice lady checked my order, and confirmed that I had indeed ordered a camouflaged barrel. She said she would send one out right away. Then she added, "as an apology, I would like to send you two free choke tubes, what would you like?" If that wasn't enough she then told me to just keep the barrel they'd sent as a bonus gift for their screw up. Pretty hard to top that phone call when it came to customer service. The correct barrel with two chokes arrived less than a week later. As I write this, I know I still have the choke tubes and the camo barrel, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did with that extra barrel. Might have it, might'a sold it. Hate getting old and suffering from CRS.