10-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Cards in five.

BKB

Buckrub
10-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Cards in 7 1/2.

Cards01
10-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Ought to be a good one.... I will take a Cards WIN no matter how many games... my mom says in 5

DeputyDog
10-23-2013, 09:03 AM
What a bunch of homers!

Boston didn't hit worth a crap against the Tigers and the only reason they won was because of a couple of big hits at the right time so the Cards do have to be favored. The Sox do have good pitching and that closer is something else. Can't make a prediction, but it ought to be a good one.

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Cards in 7.

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Deppity, the difference I think is the Cards have a much better pen than Detroit. A lot is being made about how the Sox handled the really strong starting rotation of the Tigers. Granted, the Tigers starting rotation is better than the Cards. But if you look, the Sox scored almost all of their runs against the Tigers PEN, not their starters and I think the Cards pen is head and shoulders above what I saw of the Tigers pen.

I'm basing my prediction on a series of pretty low scoring games and that plays into the Cards hands more than it does the Sox.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-23-2013, 11:46 AM
I was just jerking all of your chains. I agree completely. The Tigers bullpen is definitely their weak link. The Sox did a good job of pushing up pitch counts to get to the Tigers pen and that was what decided the series. Of course Miggy being hurt didn't help, and neither did that fact that Fielder forgot that the season was still going on and pulled a disappearing act. The Tigers also seem to have a problem with leaving a lot of runners on base. They scored a ton of runs this year, I either listen to or watch most of the games, and they miss a lot of scoring chances. I'd hate to see how many runs they could have scored this year if they did a better job of getting hits when they had runners on base. In my opinion, if they add some much needed speed to the team and get some bullpen help, they will be hard to beat.

I'll be rooting for the Cards though, because I dislike Boston second only to the Yankees.

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Its funny that you mention Fielder, who was always my favorite Brewer and now Tiger. (To say someone is my favorite Brewer is like being first in a fat man's race by the way) But he didn't show up in the Cards-Brewers NLCS series either. Pitching always gets a bunch better in October so I've just always figured some of those big bats aren't really all that big after all and they really take advantage of poor pitching is what they do best.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-23-2013, 12:02 PM
I know he's been dealing with some off the field issues with his family towards the end of the season, but for him to go through 11 games in he post season and only have 2 singles and 1 double, that's a major problem. That and some of his mistakes on defense. A few of them appeared to be nothing but laziness.

I think that a bigger factor was Cabrerra being hurt. If that hadn't happened, I really think he had a legitimate shot at repeating the triple crown. Up until the last month of the season after he was hurt, he was actually having a better year than last year.

I was surprised and disappointed that Leyland stepped down also. I know a lot of people don't like him as a manager, but he's been the best manager the Tigers have had that I can remember. That includes Sparky. Sparky was a good one, but a lot gets overlooked due to the 1984 season. Granted, there wasn't a wild card then, but they only made the playoffs twice with him and the series once. Leyland took them to the playoffs 4 out of his 8 years and to the series twice. Granted they lost both of them, but I'd rather be there and lose than not make it at all. Plus, look at the team he took over. It was a good year if they didn't lose 100 games.

I can't comment much about the Cards, because I'm a Tiger fan and don't really pay much attention to NL baseball.

Captain
10-23-2013, 06:38 PM
I don't care WHO wins as long as they do it in a hurry so TBS will get back to showing The Big Bang Theory. That ball crap has screwed up a good thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

quercus alba
10-23-2013, 07:36 PM
I don't care WHO wins as long as they do it in a hurry so TBS will get back to showing The Big Bang Theory. That ball crap has screwed up a good thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Amen Cap'n Amen

LJ3
10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
If the first 4 innings are any indication. Sox in 4 :) Holy crap the Cards looked like nervous girls.

Big Muddy
10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Ditto, Len....I got a granddaughter who can play shortstop better than Kozma, tonite. ;)

LJ3
10-23-2013, 10:28 PM
My thoughts exactly. Bofe my daughters could start in that infield :)

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2013, 10:43 PM
They be stinkin it up. Finally settling down in the last half of the game though.

BKB