PDA

View Full Version : Len, Larke and Posthole!

Chicken Dinner
10-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Y'all remember this?

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2013/10/deer-hunter-leaps-tree-escape-helicopter-tree-trimmer

That is one badass chainsaw!

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2013, 12:34 PM
That's funny. I remember joking about sitting in your tree stand minding your own business when that thing came through. I guess it really happened.

BKB

Captain
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Man yea, I remember watching that thing and we were all full of what if's WOW that guy has a story to tell.
Take Care, Captain

Thumper
10-24-2013, 01:26 PM
I've never seen one of those, but I have to assume there's some sort of emergency "quick release" on that thing. Man, if the mechanism got hung up in a tree or sumpin', it'd jerk that chopper right out'ta the sky! :nightmare:

Captain
10-24-2013, 02:11 PM
I bet you could not have drove a nail up that bowhunters ass with a sledgehammer!
:spank

LW
10-24-2013, 03:00 PM
One of those hanging from a turbine powered "ten thousands way to die" helicopter. What could possibly go wrong? I saw one of those working ariund here a few years ago. I went and talked to the crew when they landed. Apparently in particular applications they are both safer, quicker and cheaper than having guys on the ground with chainsaws.

Niner
10-24-2013, 04:31 PM
I know around here the timber companies do a lot of herbacide spraying with helicopters.

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2013, 04:45 PM
I wondered about that thing hanging up on an old hanging stand or one somebody's old ladder too, Thumper, but once you see it in action and up closer you realize the torque that thing has, it ain't gonna bind up in anything. It's gonna go thru about anything like hot butter. The noise the saws make is louder than the chopper.

BKB

Thumper
10-24-2013, 06:22 PM
I've seen them used many times during construction. They'll lift the A/C units to the roof when a high-rise is built ... or even on an older building when the old units are being replaced. In Mississippi (or was it Memphis?) I saw the power company checking/repairing high tension wires with them .. the dude hangs out and stands on the skids.

Captain
10-24-2013, 06:24 PM
They lift AC units up on Building with that giant saw? WOW...
Ah Posthole was talking about once you seen the SAW work not the Helicopter pUMpHEAD....

Thumper
10-24-2013, 06:39 PM
No clue what persactly you just said ya' danged redneck dufebutt ... but I was basically replying to Co9's post. ;)

I know around here the timber companies do a lot of herbacide spraying with helicopters.

Captain
10-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Posthole said this to you right above your reply.
"Thumper, but once you see it in action and up closer you realize the torque that thing has, it ain't gonna bind up in anything. It's gonna go thru about anything like hot butter. The noise the saws make is louder than the chopper."
So your post looked like you were answering him. If you were "talking" to Conine you should have quoted him... You Florida Cracker...

Thumper
10-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Well you danged t'baccy chewin' hillbilly ... I didn't quote ANYBODY ... so I "could" have been simply adding my 2 cents to the thread, Mr. Instigator!

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2013, 07:21 PM
What?

BKB

Captain
10-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Don't try to follow Posthole. Thumper must be smoked up again.
He went from a conversation about a saw from hell almost sawing a feller out of a tree to lifting AC units on the top of buildings....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2013, 07:27 PM
He had me a little dizzy too there for a minute.

BKB

Thumper
10-24-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm talkin' 'bout danged hellyclopters doin' oddball workin' type stuff youse bozos. Dump the tunnel vision, take off the blinders and learn sumpin' new. C09 started it with his "herbacide spraying" post. Sheeesh! Nutin' like a danged Tarheel and Sooner in the same room! :booty

Arty
10-24-2013, 07:33 PM
I make a motion for a non-pUmPHead, non- J smoking treasurer.
We can't trust him with all this loot.
Good lord he'll spend it all on Thai hookers and Gillette razors!

Thumper
10-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Youse dufes are gonna miss me when I'm gone.

Captain
10-24-2013, 07:53 PM
HAHAHAHAhahaha what use would he have with a "Thai hooker"
:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
10-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Arm candy.

Thumper
10-25-2013, 05:11 AM
I SAID you're gonna miss me. I think I'll take a week off and head up Cappy's way to kick his butt! Get ready Cappy ... here I come! ;)