PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, darling!!!......

Big Muddy
10-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Came home at lunch and wifey has this pot of mustard greens simmering for supper, along with a crockpot roast.

""Dont forget the cornbread and sliced vidalias, sweetie pie!!!"" ;)

I could literally eat fresh greens for three meals a day!!!!!

Captain
10-24-2013, 05:59 PM
I could eat that whole pot of greens!
Until I filled up on Cornbread that is.
I think you got a keeper there Cuz...

Take Care, Captain

quercus alba
10-24-2013, 06:02 PM
I can beat that Ed, I had a big pot of collard greens and cracklin cornbread waiting on me. I don't know what that woman sees in me but I'm not complaining

oh yeah, and some fried chicken on the side

Captain
10-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Bof, you dufes are lucky. My wife will not cook them in the house much less eat them. She thinks they stink up the place...
Guess that's why I stuff myself when I do get em

Thumper
10-24-2013, 06:37 PM
My mom washes hers in the washing machine! She'll fill it with cold water, then cut it off and dump the collards/mustards in there to slosh 'em all around 'til they're clean. Then pull 'em out and put the washer on the spin cycle to drain it. Works pretty well.

Big Muddy
10-24-2013, 08:56 PM
I've heard of folks doing that, Thump, but I just can't bring myself to wash my mustard greens in the same receptacle that I wash my drawers. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2013, 09:06 PM
I love greens of just about all kinds but nowadays they all make my toe hurt.

BKB

Big Skyz
10-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I've never had greens nor do I think I've ever been to a restaurant that served them. Heck I'd give'em a try. Captain, when I get down there one of these days, you are gonna have to make sure we go places that I can experience the whole southern cooking thing. I swear I would weigh 400 lbs if I lived in the South.

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2013, 11:03 PM
I have some green homemade hot sauce that a couple of drops will make those greens get right up out of that pot and slap your mamma.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-25-2013, 12:21 AM
That day'um green homemade hot sauce of yours will melt teeth !!!....I told ya, I once used a couple of drops of it to loosen a rusty bolt. ;)