PDA

View Full Version : My turn (open enrollment at work)

Arty
10-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Well, to my surprise the high deductible premium (what I have now) has the same premium per pay period. The max out of pocket went up however. This year the max out of pocket for a family is 6150$. Next year .... 8000$.

The "Cadillac" plan we offer (which also had a deductible of 1500$ for a family) is going up 20%. Not sure what the max out of pocket is, but it went up as well.

Our HR director (used to be the HR director for Toyota) sent us a memo saying the are basically going to raise premiums annually on the "Cadillac" plan until everyone goes to the high deductible plan. Those weren't the exact words but that's what it meant.

Most important note is that this is NOT the end of the insurance "adjustments". He clearly said they still have no idea what effect "Obama care" (he actually said Obama care and not ACA) will have on our benefits.

So what we thought would be a one time "oh shit, they're fucking us!" Turns out to be a slow deliberate raping of our net pay.

Can't wait for next year!

LJ3
10-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Our HR took a more direct approach. Top tier plan (which almost everyone was using) is no longer available. Every has to choose the lesser plans with higher deductibles at about 40% increase in monthly payments for the family plan.

Good thing my plan wasn't supposed to change or increase in price.

Arty
10-24-2013, 08:27 PM
I would have appreciated the same with my company. They're dick teasing us.
BUT- my company has been through the trenches of hell the last 5 years and were just now getting out of it. So I understand them tempering the water a bit. I'd probably do the same if I were running it.