PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal anxiety and agitation

LW
10-28-2013, 09:17 PM
I am absolutely up to here (holding my hand over my head) with these cardinals. I generally like the way that Matheny manages but one thing I miss about LaRussa was how you rarely to never saw a player give the home plate ump shit when they got called out on a third strike. I dont think that I have seen one player called out that didnt provoke an indignent look and argument. And they are generally wrong in their argument. Instead of giving the ump the "stupid shit" look, maybe they need to focus on the 40,000+ fans in the stadium and the gazillion fans in tv land giving them the same look because they arent aggressive enough and have a generally poor 2 strike approach. It's a fundamental of hitting. Get over it. Remember your coaches all through little league, babe ruth, high school and college that ran your ass off if you struck out with your bat on your shoulder. Geez. I'm done bitching. Sorry.

Buckrub
10-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Why pull a bat out of the rack if you are going to just watch a close 3rd strike by an ump that thinks "close" is good enough (which I actually like).

You get THREE, count 'em, THREE strikes. Not two. No reason on earth to be a poor hitter with 2 strikes.

Yeah, the ump missed some. But you missed the first two, which you SHOULD HAVE HIT.

I have seen nothing that the Red Sox have put on the mound that is close to what the Cards whammered in the NL all year. Nothing. But the Cards act as if they are Christy Mathewson, or at least Greg Maddux.

SWING, dudes. you MIGHT hit it!

P.S.
Wano is a great pitcher that is a bulldog and you can't help but root for him. And he's won big ones. But he sure does lose a lot of close big ones too. I don't know why.

The season comes down to two Babies..........Wacha and Kelly. But it's gonna be hard to beat 12 for 18 or whatever Ortiz is. He's hotter than a Southern Blonde.

Big Muddy
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Cards ain't gonna win doo-doo, with four hits....hate to say it, but Red Sox pitching is dominating, to say the least.
That Chinaman is an awesome closer.

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2013, 09:40 AM
The Cards have gotten by with these little offensive slumps all year quite frankly because their own pitching has been so good. The Sox haven't exactly manufactured many runs either. The post season just separates the men from the boys when it comes to facing really good pitching.

I'm still full of optimism. If any team is put together just for this circumstance its the Cards. Wacha can even the series up tomorrow night in Boston and take it to game seven. I'm dubious that the cards can win two in a row in Boston but I believe they can put themselves in a position to do it. I think Pedroia is my favorite Red sox player. That guy can do it all. Awesome second baseman.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Boston is hitting just over .200 in this series and didn't even hit that well against the Tigers, but they still seem to get the hits they need when they need them to win. Any team that can do that is just plain hard to beat.