PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin thief.....

Big Muddy
10-30-2013, 01:19 PM

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2013, 04:37 PM
They do that in my neighborhood too. It like watching a clown car unload when those minivans pull up to the corner. My wife is working tomorrow night, there's (hopefully) a good ballgame on the tube, and I plan to keep the house dark and retreat to a corner and watch baseball and be a curmudgeon like Sunshine!

BKB

Big Muddy
10-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Heck, I sorta enjoy the kids, coming by....they're always polite, and never rowdy....'course, living in the country, we don't get the hoards of kids you city folks get....most of our little goblins are from neighboring farms, and are good farm country young'uns....they know that if they get out of line, someone will call their parents, and they'll get their little butts tore up. ;)

Big Muddy
10-30-2013, 05:08 PM
I think a lot of that adult accompaniment that ya'll mention, might be for security purposes for the kids.
I know that if I lived near a big city, I would dang sure be there with my trick or treating young'uns.

Big Skyz
10-30-2013, 05:19 PM
I don't mind the trick or treater's around here. Mostly all nice local kids. Plus they all know they have to be in my classroom the next day so they are pretty well behaved. I did get a kick out the sign you posted. I'd probably feel the same way if someone stole a jack-o-latern from my kid if he was 2 yrs old.

Niner
10-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Houses here in my neighborhood are too far off of the road, and not enough houses for the tricksters to come out....not to mention no street lights.

My house, for instance, is about 100 yards from the road, and the neighbors on either side are about 50+ yards from here. Since we've moved in here we've NEVER had even one kid come to the door.

What our neighborhood does do, is to have a community hayride the weekend before Halloween. The kids ride around our (one) road on a hay-wagon, and most all of the parents and other grownups tag along. The folks that want to participate either hang out at the end of their driveway or leave a pot-o-treats there. The whole deal is very well adult supervised, and culminates in a bonfire at one of the neighbors places.

Buckrub
10-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I haven't had a kid come by in about 8 years. I miss them terribly. Halloween is a night I usually sit and cry....... I love seeing the little guys in costume wanting candy. But we have none out here.

Captain
10-30-2013, 08:36 PM
Our driveway is 3/4 of a mile long. There ain't no youngin' in there right mind would come down here. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner