PDA

View Full Version : A day without Kribbs is like a day without sunshine

LW
10-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Where are you buddy? Are you lurking? Jump in here and tell us how you would rather be beat down by a hundred thai lady boys than watch baseball. Are you there? Hello?

Captain
10-31-2013, 08:22 PM
I talked to him this morning, Mrs. Thumper is leading him around Charleston by his pecker today.
I'm sure he will have some story about some small out of the way place they found to eat where Voodoo is on the menu and they had monkey brains or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
10-31-2013, 08:38 PM
I didn't know Lynn was that short.

Captain
10-31-2013, 09:17 PM
She just has small hands... :)

Thumper
10-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Ha ha! Bite me! We had a FULL day!

Funny you should mention lunch Cappy. We had lunch somewhere on Meeting Street (forgot the name of the place) and I had a BLFGT (Bacon, Lettuce & Fried Green Ta'mater) sammich. We had to park on the street about a block away from the restaurant and walk. About midway there I noticed a laptop setting on the hood of a Mercedes convertible parked on the street. I picked it up and looked all around, but didn't see anybody in the immediate area. We wrote a note and stuck it on the windshield stating that I had the laptop and added my cell phone number. A bit later my cell phone rang and it was a woman frantically looking for her laptop. She had been at lunch with her husband when she noticed it missing and her husband ran back to the car where he found the note. I told her where we were and they were sitting in the same restaurant only two tables away from us! She was elated as she had tons of business stuff on the thing and would have been in a real bind without it. She had laid it on the hood of the car while she put money in the parking meter, then walked off without it.

Anyway, she thanked us and offered a reward but we declined a bazillion times ... then she reached over and crammed $50 in my shirt pocket, smiled and returned to her table to finish lunch with her hubby. Before they left, her hubby came over to shake my hand and thanked us again. It kinda feels good to do a good deed ... and especially to end up with a free lunch and $$$ left over for gas! ;)

Big Muddy
11-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Good Samaritan, Thump.

We did sorta the same thing once, when my bud, Gus, and I found a small jon boat on a trailer, that evidently had run off in a road ditch.
We were returning home about 2am from night fishing on the docks on Barnett Rez.
It wasn't damaged too badly, so we pulled it onto the road, hooked it up, and drove it very slowly to Gus's house about 5 miles away.
Next morning, Gus got the owner's name from the DOW boat registration....no tag on trailer.
Called the owner, and when he showed up, first off, he began accusing us of stealing the day'um boat/trailer....we explained where we found it, and he said he never travels that stretch of road.
Then, he suggested that we probably expected some sort of reward.
That was the last straw....Gus flipped out, and told him to hook his p-o-s boat up, and get his ungrateful azz outta his driveway.

Captain
11-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Stories like that Eddie make a feller want to not bother running down the owner.... He sounds like a real asshole.

Thumper
11-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Yeppers Edward, been there, done that in a way myownfineself. A few years back, I stopped for gas and found a wallet lying on top of the gas pump. I opened it and there was something like $400-$500 cash (don't remember persactly now) + credit cards inside! I happened to be on the south end of town and according to the guy's driver's license, he lived on the NORTH side of town (where I also live). I took it home with me and tried to look up his phone number, but there was no listing with his name, so I simply drove over to the address on his license. He opened the door and seemed to be a bit agitated like he thought I was trying to sell him something and had interrupted his life! I asked his name, then explained I'd found his wallet and he asked where it had been found. I told him and he acted like he didn't believe me ... said he'd driven back to the station to look for it and it wasn't there. Well DUH! Obviously I found it before he made it back over there.

Anyway, he pulled out the wad of cash, counted it (said he'd just cashed his paycheck), then simply said, "Ok, it's all there" and closed the door! What an "azzhole" (as you would say).

Should'a kept the cash and trashed the wallet. :(

P.S. In your instance, it sounds like some nimrod with a 1 7/8" ball on their hitch tried to steal a boat trailer that needed a 2" ball. ;)

Captain
11-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Dang Thumper. That guy was a horses ass! He didn't even offer to give you a little gas money or say thanks? Wow.
You owned him, had his cash, credit card and he would have had to cancel all them (big headache) probably had his drivers license etc.... What an ass, he should have been washing your feet!

Niner
11-01-2013, 07:56 AM
What's that old saying about no good deed going unpunished?
Good grief, some folks are just oooozing bad karma!

:huh

Buckrub
11-01-2013, 11:06 AM
A) It's the right thing to do. You own YOUR stuff. I own MY stuff. They own THEIR stuff.

B) I've toured Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary. If you leave a million in cash in front of me, and forgetfully drive off, I'll guard it with my life till you get back. I promise.