PDA

View Full Version : A week late Cappy!

Thumper
11-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Lynn and I got home Friday night. What a mess ... we dropped mom off at the Charleston Airport and put her on her flight to L.A. Then 15 minutes after leaving the airport, Lynn's brother called and told us about the shooting at LAX! Crap! Mom doesn't travel much and Lynn was already worried about her, now we didn't even know where she was headed or when she'd get there! It was a long day as her flight was obviously delayed ... and she didn't get home until about 10:00 Friday night.

Anyway, we actually beat her home! Got here about 7:00 pm.

Now, to the subject of this post. We got up early Saturday morning and hit an estate sale. I ran across an old wrench and picked it up for zilch (stuff was going for $5.00/bag and we had a large, cloth shopping bag LOADED down). I started researching the wrench this morning and found out it's part of a tool kit from a WWII Jeep! These wrenches are bringing $50-$60 all day long on eBay! Ha! A week earlier and it would've ended up in your pile of junk. :D

jb
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Nice find, in pretty good condition too
Looks like they copied the Ford wrench that came with each Model A.

Captain
11-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Damn that's the story of my life. A day late and a dollar short. Hope you get a 1000 bucks for it! Cool looking piece.
Man that sucks about Lynns mom. But I'm glad she is there and doing good. She is a class act lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
11-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Yep, she's a sweetheart alright.

Bubba, that Ford wrench is persactly what I've been trying to find for Cappy ... but so far, no luck. :(

jb
11-04-2013, 04:34 PM
It's headed South sometime this spring, promised I'd bring it to him.
It was found in my dad's garage way before I was born, been used by me when I was a kid and didn't have many tools around.
I'm sure even in it's condition it'll add to someones collection.