PDA

View Full Version : Scouting report

jb
11-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Sunday was a beautiful fall day, blue skies and mid 40's.
Took #1 & #3 son's and their 2 & 3 year old girls out to the deer woods to look around.
Posted new signs on the property and checked out the ladder stands and blinds.
Didn't see any deer but ran across about 8 really nice scrapes along two different travel routes.
May have to move my stand about 50 yards to get a little better angle on the trails.
Still way to many leaves on the beech trees, need a hard rain, wind, and some snow to knock them down.
Season opens on the 15th, things a looking good.
PS: both little girls learned how to pee in the woods, their mothers just shook their heads when they were told what new things the girls learned while with grandpa. :thumbsup

Captain
11-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Good luck Bubba. I hope y'all knock out some nice ones! Looks more and more like I'm gonna be a bench warmer this year. But I'll sure be doing what I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
11-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Glad to hear that Grandpa is teaching the young'uns how the real world works. Glad to hear you are getting out and best of luck on the upcoming hunt.

Thumper
11-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I saw this on the local news this morning. I guess the ring-bearer has been hanging around with grandpa and figures if ya' gots ta' go ... ya' gots ta' go! ;)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EOgP94KXaHo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>