PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Bwana
11-05-2013, 11:56 AM
The ND deer rifle season opens at noon on Friday and just as it is every year at about this time, my mind is NOT very focused on work right now. Have already had several deer hunting-related story tellings with others in the office this morning which I am sure will be the theme for the remainder of the week.

Not sure about the rest of you but I can hear the clock counting down already, come on Friday!!

Buckrub
11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I have to sit in the stand Saturday morning, myownself. Bummer ain't it? Seems like a lot of work!

:D :D :D

jb
11-05-2013, 12:56 PM
15th for us, still a little excited, but not what it use to be.

Chicken Dinner
11-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Rifle Opener is the 16th for us this year. I've been out so far once for bow and once for ML. Come the 16th, it'll be my job to get the boy on a deer. I'm more excited about that than anything else.

Bwana
11-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I LOVE deer hunting but the traditions are great too.

For me that means getting up early and having breakfast with Dad at the cafe in town followed by a morning of scouting, home for a quick dinner, and then off to our intended destination. If we shoot one big enough to weigh in we do so at the bar in town and then home to skin the critters before heading to a neighboring town for the annual Testicle Festival. The next morning we are again at it dark and early. tick, tock, tick,...

Bwana
11-05-2013, 01:30 PM
I hear you CD. As much as I love hunting, there is nothing better then the smile on a kids face after helping them accomplish their hunting goal. Best of luck to you both.

quercus alba
11-05-2013, 02:01 PM
First time I've ever had to wear waders to my stand. I spect I'll see more wood ducks than deer

DeputyDog
11-05-2013, 02:06 PM
I doubt that QA, Bucky says we shoot all the ducks up north before they get to you guys.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2013, 02:22 PM
There nothing that bonds a father and son like a visit to the Testicle Festival where you can share an order of fresh balls is there?

Sorry Bwana, but that was just too good to pass up. I was right there with ya until you got to that part.
BKB

Bwana
11-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Understood Posthole but truth be told, it is just the mrs and I that attend.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Hopefully there's no embarrassing comparisons made.

BKB