PDA

View Full Version : Another ATV question

Bwana
11-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I have a lead on an atv that I think will meet with the recommendations I got here, what would be a good price for an '04 Honda Rancher with 315 miles on it?

Buckrub
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
9 years, 315 miles??? Seems odd..........unless it sat a LONG time during that 9 year stretch, which has it's own issues.

Still not enough info. 4WD? Elec start? Man transmission or auto? Engine size?

Bwana
11-05-2013, 01:13 PM
350 cc engine, full time 4x4, electronic shift, shaft drive, electric start, air cooled with a windshield. A farmer has it and claims to use it once in a while to pull his icehouse onto the lake before the ice is thick enough to use the pickup as well as using it to move the grain auger around, check his crops, and occasionally pull his grandkids on a sled behind it in the winter.

Captain
11-05-2013, 01:21 PM
I bought David one of those in 2006 and I think the last time he drive it he was 17 years old. He's 21 now. About a year ago I tried to crank it and it would not run. I have a good friend that is a Honda mechanic and he cleaned the carb of all the ethanol junk and it fired right up. I road it up and down the driveway at the farm a couple of times and put a trickle charger on it and have not touched it since. I doubt it had more than 200 miles on it. 4X4, Electric start and electric shift. Good buggy we just don't use it. We did drain all the gas out if it and put ethanol free gas in it. Also when I parked it I cut the gas off and let it run out so no gas would sit in the carb. This has me thinking I need to get it out and run it around some. I think all those Ranchers were 300 or 350 CC?
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I was thinking about $2k and confirmed it on KBB if in "excellent" condition. Mine, a similar Yamaha, was about $5k new and I only have a few more miles than that on it. $2k is about what I'd want for it if I was going to sell it.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/honda/trx350tm-rancher-350/2004-honda-trx350tm-rancher-350/suggestedretailvalue/

Buckrub
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Two guys at camp have those, with electronic shift, and the electronic shift has given both of them issues. But they did get it fixed. Those are not very expensive new....they are on sale here for about $5400 brand new. I'd say 9 years old..................um........wild guess, $2000???