PDA

View Full Version : No shoulder surgery for now

Captain
11-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Doctor says I do have a tear in my rotator cuff but believes I can do a couple of months of therapy and get motion back. He gave me a shot in the shoulder that hurt like hell but actually I'm moving it better since then, actually can lift it some. He says if the pain does not go away by February he will have to remove some of the bone spurs that have caused this damage. He did caution me to favor the arm while working at the farm until it heals or I could tear it the rest of the way through. Then my only option would be a shoulder replacement
This is bitter sweet news. Sweet in that there is hope it will repair and I'll get motion back without surgery. bad news in that if it does not and I need surgery it would be good to have it done by the first of the year while we have maxed out on our out of pocket cost this year. Waiting till the first of next year will mean a much more expensive ordeal... :-(
And I will tell you that due to this Obamacare everything is costing us MUCH more out of pocket.
Is it what it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
11-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Good news.........I think.

Maybe they could do it the end of Decemberish???:huh

Chicken Dinner
11-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I've heard from various folks who have been there that shoulder surgery is one of the trickiest. So, hang in there and best of luck.

LW
11-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Rehab sounds like voodoo medicine but it is very effective. Just do what they tell you and your shoulder will be better than it was before your injury if it goes like mine did.

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
You obviously don't know Captain very well. He don't follow instructions worth a damn.

Do what LW (and the therapists) say, Larke! You can't soldier through this stuff and think it's gonna be all right. No bucking bales or any of that shit until they say you can!

Maybe your physical therapist will be some sweet young thing!

BKB

Captain
11-07-2013, 09:41 AM
That would make it easier to pay attention to! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
11-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Seriously man!!! I am WALKNG today because of my physical therapy!

Big Skyz
11-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Captain I hope the best for you of course, but in many regards to your shoulder and mine, we are living parallel lives. I'm maxed out too, and don't want to deal with any surgery if I can help it after the first of the year. My insurance rates go up on Jan. 1st thanks to Obummer and I'm currently not a very happy camper. I haven't even been deer hunting yet and we are two weeks into the season. I'm about one more person away from someone asking me for money before I snap!

Penguin
11-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Good to hear Larke. Mehopes that the shoulder heals up nicely betwixt now and then. Those soft tissue injuries are just plain hard to figure. A real tough thing for anyone over 25 to bounce back from. I've had my share of them but not on the shoulders or knees. Been lucky.

Will

Bwana
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Good news???

Best of luck on the mending Cappy.