PDA

View Full Version : First Frost

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2013, 09:56 AM
30 at my house this morning and the frost looks like a 'young snow' as my Uncle Bill was fond of saying. One cycle over and another one started.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-07-2013, 11:10 AM
We have our first freeze last week and we're gonna have some wind and rain blow through this afternoon that will clear a ton of the remaining leaves off the trees. The change is always a little bittersweet. But, I really do enjoy the change of seasons. I also enjoy the evening sky in the fall. We had a sunset last night as I was driving home from work that was sto stunning I pulled over to watch it for a bit.

I should be able to see a little further into the woods this weekend which is a nice side benefit...

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
I think the thing that's always struck me most, was the smell in mid morning right after the first killing frost. Its the smell of things dying, of course, but it always made me think back on the year and look forward to the next one. Funny how stuff like that sticks with you. I first noticed it squirrel hunting when I was a kid and I'd still be shivering in the woods waiting for the sun to warm things up. Not a fall goes by that I don't remember that.

BKB

Niner
11-07-2013, 12:12 PM
We had a pretty good frost here a couple of Saturdays ago. My sis picked us up early for the trip to the airport to head west, and there was a frost on all the lawns and pastures between home and the freeway. Of course since then the temps have been on a roller coaster ride between 80ish and 40ish.

Thumper
11-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Bikini weather here. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Leave your top on please.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Bam!