PDA

View Full Version : If I was a buck deer.....

Big Muddy
11-09-2013, 01:38 PM

I'd just hafta be grazing here....wheat, clover, and fresh garden greens.
Sooooo, where the heck are the horns????....nothing 'cept slick heads here, this morning.

This is opening morning of our youth hunt weekend....got my grandson with me, and he's getting an itchy trigger finger, but he wants to shoot a buck, so we'll just hafta wait 'em out. ;)

DeputyDog
11-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Nice looking spot. Good luck to the grandson.

Big Muddy
11-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Deputy, I built my first deer stand at this location, when I was about 14 years old....it wasn't anything more than a few 2x4's nailed up in an old leaning oak tree....I've forgotten how many times that I added to that same lumber over the years....between me, family, and friends, over a 50 year span, there's been over 150 deer killed from that location.

About 10 yrs. ago, I built a nice elevated 6x6 ft. wooden and tin deer stand there, at the same location....even that finally succumbed to the elements....I decided, no more, so I tore it down, and put this one up.

All-fiberglass, so I'll never hafta put up another one....at least, not in my lifetime....unless a 'nader or meteor hits it. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-09-2013, 02:56 PM
...or a european satelite.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Hey, you're right, Phole...almost forgot about that....suppose to start falling apart and dropping pieces to earth tomorrow, right ???

It'd be my luck, the shitter outta that thing lands square on top of my new deer stand!!! ;)

Big Muddy
11-09-2013, 03:32 PM
SPLAT!!!!!

DeputyDog
11-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Ed, if you don't mind me asking, how much was that stand? I looked the website over after you first posted about, but never a srp.

Big Muddy
11-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Depdog, mine is the 6x5 foot Shooter model blind....I already had a 10 foot metal tower, so I only needed the blind, which
was $1699....they deliver anywhere in the lower 48 for a flat fee of $100....already completely assembled, and the delivery man set it off under my carport.

Sounds sorta expensive, but I'll never have to buy another one, nor do any maintenance on it....I researched dozens of blinds, and the Redneck blinds were, hands-down, the best quality with all the bells and whistles.

Like I said earlier, my b-i-l just built a 6x4 footer outta lumber, plywood, and tin, and he spent nearly $1,500 on it....and I'm sure in a couple of years he'll have to replace some of the wood, for sure.