PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day Fun

Chicken Dinner
11-12-2013, 02:25 PM
I had the day off from work so took my two boys (13 and 10) and my older boy's friend (from a non-shooting, but open minded family) out to to do some shooting. Our first stop was a local gun shop that has a public range. (Clark Bros. for you locals.) I knew it was iffy as Saturday is Opening Day, but hoped since it was a Monday it wouldn't be too crowded. Wrong! It was like an hour wait and a 30 minute time limit. Not a good scene for kids or a new shooter. So, we just headed out to my hunt club to free lance it. We checked our deer rifles for accuracy and everyone had a good long turn with the .22. I'm pretty sure the highlight of the day for the older boys was when I turned them loose with my 9mm pistol. Your faith in the youth of today would be restored if you could have seen the smiles on their faces when I turned them loose on a Zombie paint/splatter target and a 19 round magazine with one in the chamber. Good times.

BarryBobPosthole
11-12-2013, 02:44 PM
The only thing that'd made that better would be tracers. Maybe you got somebody else hooked on shooting sports too, you never know.

BKB

Arty
11-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Wrong thread.