PDA

View Full Version : Did you know?

BarryBobPosthole
11-13-2013, 01:46 PM
That in Oklahoma it is illegal to carry a swordcane. We can open carry, and we can defend ourselves with deadly force, but we ain't havin' no underhanded swordcane shit.

Anybody in the market for one?

BKB

LW
11-13-2013, 01:50 PM
I did finally see somebody open carrying a few weeks ago. Can you carry the sword cane if its registered with the alcohol, tobacco and cutlery bureau?

BarryBobPosthole
11-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I haven't seen anyone open carry yet except LEOs, but I don't get out much. Looks after a year or so, the open carry law hasn't changed much of anything either way or the other.

And I'm not sure if you can register a sword cane or not. But sword canes don't kill people.....

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Interesting as we could always open carry in VA even before they liberalized the concealed carry laws a few years back.

quercus alba
11-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Finian Chantry might disagree

BarryBobPosthole
11-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Our law changed about this time last year and there were a lot of predictions of mayhem and murder and greatly reduced crime rates, and all sorts of stuff. But nothing much has changed to be honest. I think it just made the Concealed Carry permit holders not have as much to worry about when they're trying to stay within the law. It also recognized CCPs from other states and allows them to carry in public as well. I don't think it's as much about carrying on your hip as much as it's about simplifying the law IMO.

And I was against it when it came up, to be perfectly honest. and I'm happy I was wrong and its worked out like it has. Less certainly is better in a lot of cases.

BKB

LW
11-13-2013, 06:30 PM
It isn't like it hadnt been done in other states before we did it. Most people against it didnt want to look at the facts of the matter. I did think that you would see at least an occasional open carrier. Probably the only people open carrying regularly are the folks in places like honobia (pronounced ho-nubby) by the locals. They probably havent heard that open carry is legal now.

BarryBobPosthole
11-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Speaking of, I'm thinking I might hit the Bigfoot Festival next fall. a friend of mine went this year and had a real good time. I also want to fish Honobia Creek and the Little River next year and fall might work best. We'll have to see. And yeah, I grew up down yonder in Kiamichi country and folks have been open carrying down there long before it was legal so I imagine there's a few more.

Can you still carry a Easy Rider rifle rack in your truck? Just wondering.

BKB

LW
11-13-2013, 08:48 PM
I would imagine that you would have to keep the ammo seperate if you did.

LW
11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
I have to admit that I tried to talk my state rep buddy into walking around town with pearl grip 6 shooters strapped to our sides when open carry passed.

BarryBobPosthole
11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
I just got to thinking I haven't seen one in a while.
BKB

LW
11-13-2013, 08:55 PM
That honobia creek is beautiful.

BarryBobPosthole
11-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I've never fished it. I have a friend from Anadarko whose family lives down in Honobia and I'm gonna pick his brain about access and put in and take put spots. That's God country down that way.
BKB