PDA

View Full Version : Mast

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't know if my place is any kind of representative of what's going on in the rest of Oklahoma but I my pecans went absolutely crazy this year. the ground is carpeted with them. And this years crop (mine are native pecan, the smaller, tastier ones) are probably 25% bigger than I've ever seen them here. I've lived here 15 years. Cracked and picked probably a quart jar of them just while I was watching TV last night. Gonna make some dandy pies!

BKB

Fido
11-17-2013, 01:16 PM
My favorite pie bar none!

Captain
11-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Me too Fido!
I sure wish I lived closer to ole Posty. I'd be over there starling them PEE-CANS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
When I was a kid, we'd always have Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparent's house. Granny would do a lot of the cooking, but many of the aunts/uncles/cousins would bring a desert or covered plate of some sort. EVERY year, the family would request a couple of my mom's pecan pies. She made the best! Nowadays, she just brings them home from the store and takes them out of the box. :(

That said, Lynn and I were at Sam's Club yesterday and they were handing out samples of about 6-7 different pies. I tried the cherry, pumpkin and pecan. They were all pretty dang good for store bought pies, but I went back for a second sample of the pecan (my favorite) and it was pretty dang close to what I remember my mom's pies tasting like. 'Course, the pecan was the most expensive pie they were sampling at close to $11.00/pie (but at least they were LARGE pies).