PDA

View Full Version : Moving on..

FooBang
11-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Yesterday was my last day at work- I was excised as part of the merger.. Not sad at all, but I s'pose I will eventually nostalgic about the time I spent. It's not everywhere one can work where you are greeted with such spectacle every day.

For my next act, I'll be joining an Argentina-based company, which is cool because part of my responsibility will be to re-on-shore some jobs. As a lad from Detroit, this warms my heart..

I'll be spending a lot of time in South America. As a consequence, I'm thinking of setting up a hunt in March for Red Stag or sumthin'. They have some amazing game down there in Patagonia and I've been looking into some outfitters. If anyone is remotely interested, lemme know! Also, if anyone has any experience (positive or negative) with any of the Argentinian outfitters, gimme a holler!

--Foo

Big Skyz
11-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Foobang they also have some absolutely outstanding blackbuck hunting downt here for some HUGE bucks. I'm turning green with envy.

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Don't know if you get into wingshooting but their duck hunting is said to be spectacular. I heard first hand tales of cases and cases of shells being gone through. Supposed to have a really cool SA pintail in great numbers too.

BKB

FooBang
11-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Don't know if you get into wingshooting but their duck hunting is said to be spectacular. I heard first hand tales of cases and cases of shells being gone through. Supposed to have a really cool SA pintail in great numbers too.

BKB

I heard about their dove hunting, but they're hard to hit with an arrow. :D

BS, I just looked up "Patagonia Blackbuck". This is what I found:

http://i.imgur.com/YbMsXIC.jpg

--Foo

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that buck isn't black, he's brown.

BKB

FooBang
11-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks, I'm colorblind you know. I guess that's a red stag, then. Next you'll tell me that isn't red.. Here's a blackbuck for you:

http://i.imgur.com/q9xX7d9.jpg

--Foo

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Whatever you do, don't take your BLUE elephant gun.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a cool new adventure. Good luck!

Big Muddy
11-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Blackbuck are true antelopes(like gazelles), and is the absolute #1 in venison cuisine.

And, they can jump a 10 foot fence like it's not even there.

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2013, 05:35 PM
What is the origin of blackbuck? Looks African. I know red stag was introduced their for European hunters a long time ago. Makes a guy wonder about what introduced species are impacting down there.

A trip to Patagonia is on my bucket list for some day. I wanna chew some coca leaves and climb some damned Andes too.

BKB

Captain
11-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Congrats on the new job! Sounds like it will come with some pretty good perks too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2013, 06:23 PM
He hasn't mentioned that Argentina has the most beautiful women on the planet. Which I only bring up because it makes the working environment soooooo much more tolerable.

BKB

Thumper
11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
I know one little Korean lady who would slit his nut-sack open if he looks TOO hard at those Argentinean wimmins. :D

Sounds like a great adventure Foo. I'm jealous. :(

Arty
11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
You are without a doubt one lucky dude.
Congrats!

DeputyDog
11-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Didn't someone here do some bird hunting down there a few years ago? I seem to remember a photo of their group behind a knee high (at least) pile of birds. Seems like there were ducks, dove, and pigeon if I remember correctly.

Thumper
11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Didn't someone here do some bird hunting down there a few years ago? I seem to remember a photo of their group behind a knee high (at least) pile of birds. Seems like there were ducks, dove, and pigeon if I remember correctly.

Yeppers, that would'a been Booger.

Captain
11-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeppers, that would'a been Booger.

Maybe next year when he checks in he can tell us about it and repost a picture. ;)

Booger
11-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm here. Told you guys I read all this stupid crap almost every day. The dove hunting down there is just unreal. I have averaged around 150 birds a season here at home over the years. We hunted 3 days, I shot 20 boxes of shells each morning and 20 boxes each afternoon, with a 74% average on doves. That's 3000 shells, 2,200 birds. Just ME, in 3 days. There were 8 of us and we killed just under 17,000 birds. Again, in 3 days. My son killed 1070 in one day. Dealing with a new phone and have not transferred pics yet. Try to post pic soon.

Captain
11-22-2013, 05:40 AM
Figured that would smoke ole' Booger out! :D

FooBang
11-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Maybe next year when he checks in he can tell us about it and repost a picture. ;)

Next year? Gotta gimme some credit. I check in whenever I'm not on a plane!

--Foo

FooBang
11-22-2013, 11:47 AM
BBP,
The european settlers imported all manner of game. There are water buffalo hunts, too, but I don't think my bow will take one of those beasts!

--Foo

DeputyDog
11-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Next year? Gotta gimme some credit. I check in whenever I'm not on a plane!

--Foo

I think he was talking about Booger.

Captain
11-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Next year? Gotta gimme some credit. I check in whenever I'm not on a plane! --Foo

That comment was to smoke Booger, the resident lurker out not you Foo...

FooBang
11-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Aah! That makes more sense. ;) I should slow down some.

--Foo

DeputyDog
11-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Nah, you're just feeling guilty about all the hit and run posting you've done lately. :lurk