PDA

View Full Version : Marines make history....

Big Muddy
11-21-2013, 10:24 AM
"""Three women make Marine history, by completing Marine infantry training."""

Instead of jarheads, I guess they'll be called "jug" heads. ;)

Thumper
11-21-2013, 10:30 AM
But they STILL aren't allowed to go into combat. What's the point?

Big Muddy
11-21-2013, 10:41 AM
News was making a big deal out of it, this morning....agreed, why put 'em thru infantry training, if they're not allowed in combat?

Thumper
11-21-2013, 11:06 AM
That was always a big issue in 'Nam. There was always a few who demanded "equal rights" and thought they should be allowed into combat. BUT ... when hunkered down in a muddy foxhole, they expected to be given a "pass" if their period kicked in and they "weren't feeling well". WTF?

"Ummm, excuse me Sarge ... I can't shoot those Gooks right now, I'm busy changing my tampon!" ;)

Arty
11-21-2013, 12:57 PM
You're a Sexist pig

Thumper
11-21-2013, 01:14 PM
You're a Sexist pig

Ummm, maaaybe! :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I'd think a marine with PMS might be a formidable weapon.
BKB

Thumper
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
True dat! But seriously ... would you want to look around after being knocked on your ass by an enemy bullet and realize your foxhole buddy is a girl and is the only one there to CARRY you to a MEDEVAC LZ?

The Brits already tried it (women in combat) and it was a miserable failure.

Now SUPPORT operations, within a combat zone, I have no problem with. In the "trenches" ... I don't think so.

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I think there are roles for everybody in combat, and people need to be put where they can do the best. In particular I think the old fuckers who usually send young people into a war need to be found a place to participate as well. and not as a rear echelon guy either.

BKB

Buckrub
11-21-2013, 03:10 PM
My son graduated combat army medic at ft. Sam Houston. They were in formation boarding umpteen buses for all kinds of locations. The girls couldn't carry or drag their duffel bags...The guys had to carry them.

I couldn't imagine them dragging wounded soldiers.

Life is fair. But it ain't equal.

Niner
11-21-2013, 04:00 PM
The slippery slope started when they allowed women billets on Man Of War ships (carriers, destroyers, etc).
Glad I'd turned in my paddle by then!