PDA

View Full Version : Military equipment question....

Big Muddy
11-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Do any of you guys remember the anti-fogging cream/paste that was issued in a little vial???

It's was the cat's azz for keeping anything with glass components from fogging up....only required a dab of it to really work on anything glass....I don't think it worked as well on Lexan or plexiglass.

It was especially useful on the glass cupola components of tanks and apc's.

I brought several of the vials home, but have since used it all up.

I used it mainly on rifle scopes and binoculars, but it worked great on windshields and rear view mirrors, too.

Gunther
11-26-2013, 12:03 PM
RainX anti fog

Chicken Dinner
11-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I use dishwashing detergent on my glasses. Not sure if I'd risk it on expensive optics.

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2013, 12:06 PM
you can find the military stuff on ebay. There's also a commercial band of stuff called Cat Crap (really and truly) that is supposed to be pretty good too. I'd love to meet their marketing person that came up with that.

My FIL gave me a tube of some blue stuff that he'd picked up somewhere that worked better than anything I've tried but I used it up long ago. all of those are just some kind of wax but they sure as heck work to keep stuff from fogging up. they also repel dust too.

BKB

Thumper
11-26-2013, 02:51 PM
I see Gus already mentioned RainX. I used it on my goggles when I raced motorcycles. As a side benefit, dust slides right off the stuff also, which came in real handy since 99.9% of my racing was in the desert.

Big Muddy
11-26-2013, 04:02 PM
RainX is good stuff, but frequent re-treatment is necessary....the military stuff would last a very long time, before re-treatment was needed.