PDA

View Full Version : The Verdict is in - unable to accept change.

LJ3
11-27-2013, 05:05 PM
I went with my regular brine technique. 1 cup kosher salt, 1 cup half brown/half regular sugar per gallon of water and a bunch of other spices. 24 hours in the cooler. a little ice to protect against a helping of salmonella :)

Getting Otis Jr fired up and ready for the night (BGE owners do not judge me!)

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
I only see one great big important thing missing for an excellent evening of smoking meat.

BKB

LJ3
11-27-2013, 05:41 PM
It's back inside the house where the sensible people are. It's friggin miserable outside tonight. I may not be able to git r to hold 225 in these conditions.

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
No. I meant adult beverages.

What did you mean?

BKB

by the way, you're a pussy. Put on your silk underwear, I'll bet $20 you have some, and get out there with some corn squeezin's and smoke those breasticles!

Buckrub
11-27-2013, 05:54 PM
This, you will like.

LJ3
11-27-2013, 05:55 PM
I meant adult beverages. I haven't seen my testicles since summer.

Captain
11-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Do not y'all have some wimmins around there somewhere to cook? My involvement of thanksgiving equals me fixing my own plate. And going to get my own piece of pecan pie! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
11-27-2013, 05:59 PM
I let others look at mine for me.

Thumper
11-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Do not y'all have some wimmins around there somewhere to cook? My involvement of thanksgiving equals me fixing my own plate. And going to get my own piece of pecan pie! :-)

I'm with you MOST of the way, BUT .... you have to fix your own plate???!!!! ;)

Big Muddy
11-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Well, what started out as a quiet T'giving day for wifey and me, has turned into a full-scale family banquet....now, everybody and their uncle's cousins and in-laws are, not only coming to eat with us, they are coming to spend a couple of nights with us....hope they like air mattresses. ;)

Oh well, it'll be fun.

Sooooo, now, I gotta run down a turkey and a ham, and start smoking about 4am.

To top all that off, everyone has insisted on my cooked-from-scratch, banana pudding, for dessert.

Wifey has already informed everyone, "Oh, don't bring a thing, Eddie and I will handle everything."

Day'um....wifey and I will be up to midnight, trying to throw this big meal together!!!

Good part is all these brownie points that I'm building up....heeheehee, no telling WHAT I might be getting for Christmas!!!

Captain
11-27-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm with you MOST of the way, BUT .... you have to fix your own plate???!!!! ;)

Yea it's a bummer Thumper, but for some reason once Mrs Captain had the two hammerheads she started fixing their plates and left me to fend on my own. :(
It's a bummer but I live with it :D

Captain
11-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Dang Eddie, If'n I'd known all the kin was getting together Cousin Captain would have made the run ;)
I could have brought Hog Dust.

airbud7
11-27-2013, 10:02 PM

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Airbud that ain't fair.
BKB