PDA

View Full Version : stupidest form of life imaginable

LW
11-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Does anybody else want to kill their mother in law today? My god, today I am thankful that she will soon be going home. Holy hell. She is a 150 lb bag of ignorance. The only good thing is that she irritates my wife more than she does me! Happy thanksgiving guys.

Arty
11-28-2013, 03:06 PM
My mil is 180 miles away! :clap

airbud7
11-28-2013, 04:05 PM
most everyone is at my mother in law's.......cept ME :biggrin

LW
11-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Lucky bastards. Drinking my way through it.

Big Muddy
11-28-2013, 05:48 PM
My daughter in law(correction---my wife's)must be the equivalent of your m-i-l....she showed up an hour and a half late for our T'giving dinner....she does this kind of shit, all the time....thinks the world revolves around her and her schedule.

Everybody was about to starve, but of course, my wife made our whole crowd wait until she made her grand entrance, until we could eat....all the food my wife had slaved over until midnight sat on the table and got cold.

Then, after finally arriving, she acted like she sweated for hours over those two little shitty food dishes she bought with her....one was a bowl of brown rice.....now, how much day'um time and trouble is that shit to make???

The other dish was some kind of miniature-looking pie....looked more like a fried pie from the check-out counter at Jiffy Mart.

Wifey told me to bite my tongue.....so, you know what I did???....I bit my day'um tongue.

Captain
11-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Y'all have more manners than me. I promise you we wouldn't have waited. I CANNOT stand for someone to be late all the time. I can certainly understand it once in a while, but folks that do that crap all the time can eat after everyone else has. And if their skin ain't thick enough for me to tell them the reason they best just not show up at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LW
11-28-2013, 07:54 PM
We had a late arrival. She ate by herself. Pisses me off.

BarryBobPosthole
11-28-2013, 08:13 PM
My ex was late for everything. People who run late value their time more than they values everyone else's. It a selfish thing and one of the rudest things imagineable. It makes me grind my molars.

BKB

LW
11-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Thats what we say at work too. Shift starts at 8. You get glared at if you walk in at 745. Its the unwritten rules that make it fun. Kind of like baeeball.

Thumper
11-29-2013, 09:46 AM
As a kid, I had an uncle & aunt like that. (was actually the aunt's fault from what I understand) They were late to EVERY function ... and I mean chronically late, as in 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. EVERY TIME. We always had Easter, T-Giving, Christmas and some birthdays, etc. as a big family gathering at my grandparents house. It finally got to the point, if dinner was planned at 4:00 pm ... they'd be told 2:00 pm ... they were STILL chronically late!

johnboy
11-29-2013, 03:14 PM
If I say supper at 6pm, I mean exactly that. It'll be on the table at 6 so if you ain't here you can fix yourself a plate from the leftovers. Almost as annoying as the latecomers are the people that insist on showing up early for a get together. Nothing like the doorbell ringing whilst you're still in the shower or whatever.

Arty
11-29-2013, 03:29 PM
I have a sis in law that does this. Can NOT be on time for anything. I'm convinced it's just so that she can
make a grand entrance and know that everyone was waiting on her.
My wife and I have gotten to where we don't want to do anything with her.
Being late - for no legitimate reason other than being late is just plain rude.

Buckrub
12-01-2013, 05:34 PM
I ain't got no watch.

Thumper
12-01-2013, 07:25 PM
My cell phone is my "watch" these days. I have a collection of watches in a jewelry box around here somewhere, but haven't worn one in years. I think cell phones will do to the watch industry, what computers/word processors did to the typewriter industry.

BarryBobPosthole
12-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Hush your mouth. I still wear an analog watch and hardly ever carry one of those confounded cell phones.
BKB

Captain
12-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Hush your mouth. I still wear an analog watch and hardly ever carry one of those confounded cell phones. BKB
And you rarely listen to your voice mail on one either... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
12-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Ha ha ha ha .... BAM!!

That's ok Postie ... my mom still has a typewriter AND a watch also ... but she's 82. ;)

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I'd feel nekkid without my watch. I guess it's kind if like jewelry to me. Which is kind of funny as the only other piece if jewelry I wear is my wedding ring.

Thumper
12-01-2013, 08:33 PM
That's how I look at Lynn's Rolex ... her Seiko actually keeps better time ... the Rolex is "jewelry". 'Course, it's holding a place next to the Seiko in the "jewelry box" ... can't remember the last time she wore a watch, as she also uses her cell phone these days.

Do youse dufes watch black & white tv also? ;)

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Sometimes.