PDA

View Full Version : USC - news just reported....

Big Muddy
12-02-2013, 06:11 PM
USC hired Steve Sarkisian as head coach.
An hour later, Ed Orgeron resigned and cleared out his office, after turning down USC offer to remain as OC and recruiting.

BarryBobPosthole
12-02-2013, 06:23 PM
A protege' of Pete Carroll. And that's exactly what they'll get is a Pete Carroll type of program. they may win a lot but they'll have to put some mighty big blinders on whole they're doing it. Typical Pat Hayden type of move. I don't blame Orgeron.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Not an Orgeron fan, but don't blame him one bit.
He won 5 of last 6 games for them....the loss to UCLA prolly nailed the coffin shut for him.

One reporter described his demeanor as "outraged".

BarryBobPosthole
12-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Loyalty don't mean much these days in a whole bunch of arenas, not just sports. You can be loyal to your work for what amounts to almost your whole working life and it don't mean shit. I watched Jeff Bezos from amazon on 60 Minutes last night and his attitude was such a breath of fresh air I wanted to quit and go to work for Amazon tomorrow. I'll probably just buy some of their stock. I don't know if he meant it or not, and there's no way to really know, but he said things like "We don't worry about the stockholders, we worry about our customers. If we take care of our customers our stockholders are taken care of too". And "We don't worry about returns on investment that are beyond one or two years. We'll invest money in something that might not pay off for five or six years and that gives us a competitive advantage." Those things are pretty fundamental but 99% of American business doesn't feel that way or operate that way. They barely can think more than one quarter ahead, much less have a strategy that they're willing to wok hard on for five or six years. Anyway, I've got off track and I know a lot of you won't watch 60 Minutes because you think its some sort of left wing conspiracy. I don't give a shit really. But I thought it was interesting.

BKB