PDA

View Full Version : Hey Big Sky

Thumper
12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I haven't heard anything for quite a while and I assume no news is good news, but did you finally get the bugs worked out of the Phord truck you bought a while back? It seemed to be a real headache at the beginning, so I hope it's over with for a while.

I've got a buddy who just bought a used one (2006/80,000 mi) and he wants to change the plugs (he's a tinkerer). I told him to LEAVE IT ALONE unless it's cutting out/missing!

Big Skyz
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Thumper I don't want to hex myself but for the last six months it's ran pretty well. The only thing I need to do right now is replace a bulb in one of the head lamps. The highbeam quit working. No big deal as that happens on all vehicles sooner or later. I just haven't made it to town to buy a new bulb yet, and with the super cold temps...well I just don't feel like messing with it.

Thumper
12-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Good news! I know it was a rough beginning. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out. Just trade it before it's due for the next set of plugs! ;)

Big Skyz
12-05-2013, 03:10 PM
You were wise to tell your friend to not mess with the plugs. They are beyond difficult! When I was talking to the Ford dealer mechanic he said the plugs on the newer Mustangs are even worse to change out than the Tritan motors.

Thumper
12-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, in fact there's a class action lawsuit going on those Titan motors due to the plugs breaking off. I'm not sure of the details, but you may want to look into it. If I remember correctly, you fixed it yourself ... but if the dealer did it, you may be able to get reimbursed if the suit goes through. Again, I don't know the details, just remember hearing something about it.