PDA

View Full Version : Just to piss off Thumper

BarryBobPosthole
12-09-2013, 12:40 PM
A BASEBALL POST!

Joe Torre, Tony LaRussa, and Bobby Cox all got unanimous elections into the baseball Hall of Fame. (Two of those are former Cardinals)

All three deserved it too. I have never like LaRussa even though I'll admit he's a really good manager. I guess I never liked the way he handled the whole Ozzy situation and I think his standoffishness and weirdness never impressed me either. And if it wasn't for a couple of miracle comebacks, the way he managed game five of the 2011 World Series would be talked about to this day. Kind of like his decision to pitch to Kirk Gibson. My buddy Bassdog didn't care for him at all but that I think was more about him hating anyone who tried to fill Whitey Herzog's shoes. Bassdog was loyal that way.

Torre has done a lot of good for baseball, particularly in his latest role. If baseball implements replay of any kind, Torre will be the guy to see it done right, although I'm against it all the way,.

Bobby cox was a helluva manager. That 20 year run at the Braves was legendary.

BKB

Thumper
12-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Sheeeesh! :banghead

Chicken Dinner
12-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Speaking of baseball, did anyone watch the end of the Ravens/Vikings game yesterday. I switched over from the Redskins as Matt is a huge fan and watching the Redskins this season is not making me happy. I think there were 5 game winning TD's in the last two minutes. Just amazing.

BarryBobPosthole
12-09-2013, 01:23 PM
It was crazy. 29 points in two minutes, seven seconds.
BKB

DeputyDog
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
I think the Redskins are even more dysfunctional now than even the Cowboys. What a mess.

Buckrub
12-09-2013, 07:25 PM
More touchdowns were scored yesterday than any other one day in NFL history.

Go figure.