PDA

View Full Version : Saban saga continues.....

Big Muddy
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Bama says they got him re-hired....two mucho pay increase offers, but he has not accepted either.
Texas says they got him hired....$100 million/10 year/1% of Longhorn Media Network.
Texas president, Brown's buddy, is retiring, so Brown is expected to resign at Texas, before this weekend.

I think Saban is just waiting to see if Brown does in fact leave, before he commits to anything.
Either way, Jimmy Sexton, Saban's agent, is gonna make a LOT of cash!!!!

If Saban leaves, I wonder if Bama will take down that big bronze statue of him. ;););)

BarryBobPosthole
12-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I still don't understand what Texas has to offer that he doesn't have at Alabama. I'd love to have Saban in the Big Twelve, but I really can't buy into the fact that Texas is an upgrade for him.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-11-2013, 02:27 PM
From what I hear, he doesn't like the "smothering" he gets at Bama....whatever that means....perhaps, personal space....he DOES appear to be somewhat of an introvert, so that may be what they're talking about.

H3ll, pay me millions of dollars a year, and I'd be anyday'umthing you want me to be!!!....smother my azz completely up, if you want to!!! ;)

DeputyDog
12-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I heard someone on sports radio saying that they thought that the appeal may be that he likes to build up a program more that keeping one on top. I can't imagine that the money is much different between the two, and with that amount, what's a little bit?

BarryBobPosthole
12-11-2013, 03:28 PM
If he thinks he won't get smothered at Texas, he obviously doesn't understand Texas football. They are every bit as rabid as alabama ever hoped to be.

Maybe that's it, DD. Maybe its the challenge of building something that floats his boat. I'd love to see him come to Texas. Personally though, I'd rather see Texas keep old Yeller Teeth for another 16 years.

BKB