PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
A) What happened? I mean, specifically? Is it really Thump's fault? 'Splain, Lucy.

B) I'm back. I killed a couple of deers. More when I can remember what happened.

C) I've spent 10 days in excruciating pain (no, not like Cappy's, I couldn't stand that) from an abcessed tooth. Went to dentist yesterday finally, and he can't work me in. So he is sending me to Little Rock to some 'buddy' of his (who wants money up front) for a ROOT CANAL. Cost is about same as a used car. I leave in an hour or so. I'm ready for a jawectomy.

D) I hurt too bad to remember what else I wuz gonna say. More later. I pray that I get enough morphine and opium to put me out, so when I get home later this afternoon I can sleep till Christmas.

Thanks to all you guys that fixed whatever it was that was broke.

Egghead
12-18-2013, 11:52 AM
I feel for you Bucky! I needed a root canal in my past, and leading up to that (night before dentist visit) I told my wife that I was about to visit the garage and just pull the offending tooth with pliers - my logic was that it couldn't hurt any worse!

Here's hoping for quick relief after your visit!

LJ3
12-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately I can also relate. I don't think there's a comparable pain.

Big Muddy
12-18-2013, 05:19 PM
You got that right, Len....I'd rather get kicked square in the nuts, by a maniacal mule....at least, you know that pain is gonna subside, after a while....a day'um bad tooth just won't ever ease up.

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Had a root canal and crown put on a tooth several years ago. Man it felt good when that quit hurting. Now the same tooth is getting heat/cold sensitive so I'm afraid its cracked again or something. I AIN'T looking forward to going to the dentist for that.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Just wondering....does anyone here wear dentures???
I had teeth knocked out from sports, and later on, a moron dentist got hold of me, so as a result, Ive got a couple of bridges that Ive had for 30 years.
I know theyre not gonna last forever, and $40K for transplants is
outta the question.
Only need the bottom teeth worked on....just wondering if a denture might be a viable option.

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 06:44 PM
I highly disrecommend one of these. Now I got "do not eat on that side till you get a crown on it".........and dentist might get to me to put on a crown about February.

That was ONE weird and crazy procedure. Took 2 hours. I felt like aliens were probing me or something.

Ugh.

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 06:44 PM
I highly disrecommend one of these. Now I got "do not eat on that side till you get a crown on it".........and dentist might get to me to put on a crown about February.

That was ONE weird and crazy procedure. Took 2 hours. I felt like aliens were probing me or something.

Ugh.

Thumper
12-18-2013, 06:47 PM
From the looks of your post(s) ... the meds haven't worn off yet. :D

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Site is doubling my replies, not me.

jb
12-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I've always had good dental insurance and my last visit was last week, he said I had teeth of a 40 year old.
All are mine, three crowns and one root canal done almost 50 years ago on a front tooth knocked out in a basketball game.
Wife has enough $$$ in her mouth to buy a new pickup truck. She lost her permanent front teeth as a teenage in an accident, dentures in college, bridge before we got married and implants about 10 years ago, I think they were about 12K back then.
My dentist was a client and promised he was pain free, I took him up on his offer and it was true, but it takes lots of gas and shots and about 20 minutes for everything to kick in, it's feels just like it did in the frat house back in the 60's.
Still not a big fan of a dentist office, but we're on a 6 month visit schedule.

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 09:40 PM
This pain is doubling every half hour. It was supposed to be GONE by now.

I'm about to OD on something!!!

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 09:41 PM

OK, this is getting old. Y'all have a good one. Good luck with the double gremlin. Only me..........probably planted!! I'm going to take a large pill, between two other pills, and wash it down with kerosene.

Thumper
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM

That's not the ONLY thing that's doubling! :D

Thumper
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM

That's not the ONLY thing that's doubling! :D

Thumper
12-18-2013, 09:45 PM
See what I mean? :D

Captain
12-18-2013, 10:19 PM
If y'all were posting from an iPhone using Forum Runner you would not be having this problem....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, the trick is, when it posts that 'wait for 30 seconds' message, don't resave it at that point. Just back out to the previous screen or go back to the title thread or forum. It won't double then. It may tell you it didn't post, but it did, in other words.

BKB

HideHunter
12-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Had a root canal and crown put on a tooth several years ago. Man it felt good when that quit hurting. Now the same tooth is getting heat/cold sensitive so I'm afraid its cracked again or something. I AIN'T looking forward to going to the dentist for that.

BKB

Barry - just went through this exact thing. Don't be surprised if it's the tooth *next* to the tooth with the root canal. Mine was (and I swore it was the same tooth).. which meant another root canal.. fun fun..

Chicken Dinner
12-19-2013, 10:25 AM
If they did a root canal, haven't they removed the nerve? If so, how could the pain be doubling. (Not doubting that it is, just curious...)

Buckrub
12-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Um......I don't know. Not sure any nerve was removed. They simply drilled down through the canal of the molar, from the top (he said I had a LONG canal), removed the abcess stuff, and packed it from bottom to top with filling.

OK, after reading at WebMD, I guess they did.

I do not know why it hurt so bad. The general dentist that sent me to the Endodontist, said "Oh, after the procedure, the discomfort will be gone". But it wasn't. Isn't.

The Endo guy called me last night to check on me. I told him I was in excruciating pain, and he said that was not uncommon. He said I had a bad abcess and a long canal.

It is possible, I guess, that this pain is not actually the tooth itself hurting, but the gums, and general soreness from such an intense procedure. However, when I tap the tooth, it is still sensitive, although not like it was.

I dunno. I just know I paid $1,700 to be thrilled like this.

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2013, 10:33 AM
They probably bruised you up pretty bad. Sorry you're feeling bad. Were there bruises on your chest from where his knees dug in while he was torquing on that tooth?

BKB

Cards01
12-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Pain ease up enough to get to the trip report?

Thumper
12-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Pain ease up enough to get to the trip report?

Ha! I thought the report was on the "trip" to the dentist! ;)

Big Muddy
12-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Hahaha....Cards01, you DON'T wanna know !!! ;)

There's not enough GH storage space for Bucky to post and explain the WHOLE story !!! ;)

Cap can back me up on this....right, Cap??? ;)

Captain
12-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Amen! :-)

Buckrub
12-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Harumph. Not one EITHER of you would tell if it happened to you, now is it?

When my tooth settles down................if it ever does.

Captain
12-19-2013, 01:55 PM
That wouldn't happen to either of us.. :-)

Buckrub
12-19-2013, 02:06 PM
See? I told ya.