PDA

View Full Version : End of an era and I'm feeling old!

Thumper
12-18-2013, 11:47 AM
We moved here from California 25 years ago and were brand new to this area. Shortly after buying this house, I was in need of a haircut. Lynn had been to the local grocery store and noticed a barbershop in the strip center there, so she stuck her head in the door to ask the price of a man's haircut. The owner gave her the price, she came home, told me where the place was, I went down for a haircut at "Arnie's Barbershop" ... Arnie cut my hair ... and has continued to cut my hair for the past 25 years!

We've fished together. He showed me all his pics from his Alaska salmon fishing trip a few years back. I kept in close contact when his wife came down with cancer and had a slim chance of survival ... she made it and is cancer-free so far. We've exchanged Christmas gifts. We've joked, played pranks on each other and generally became friends over the years.

I went down for a haircut on Saturday and he told me he sold his shop and is retiring the end of this month ... so Saturday was the last haircut I'll get from him. Even though he sold his business to one of his long-time employees (Steve) ... it just won't seem right walking in the place and not seeing his fugly mug standing behind the #1 chair. I'm gonna miss that old fart!

Have a great retirement Arnie, but remember one thing ... I have a lifetime fishing license (and YOU have a nice bass boat)! :D

Captain
12-18-2013, 12:43 PM
You got about as much need for a Barber as I do a Yoga mat...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
12-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Bite me! When he first started cutting my hair, I had a LOT more of it ... AND it even had some color to it! :(

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Its been so long since I've had a haircut that I just found out last week that my barber retired. Last year!

BKB

Thumper
12-18-2013, 02:43 PM
I usually go about 6 weeks ... YOU sir, need a haircut! ;)

LJ3
12-18-2013, 02:51 PM
You got about as much need for a Barber as I do a Yoga mat...

That could be the funniest thing I see today :D

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 02:55 PM
I usually go about 6 weeks ... YOU sir, need a haircut! ;)

Why? So I'll look just like the rest of the corporate idiot MBA drones I work with every day?

No thank you. I prefer to be viewed as 'that crazy fucker'.

BKB

Thumper
12-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Well, you should see me now! Since I got out of the hospital, Lynn has always driven me to the barbershop and tells Arnie she wants him to give me a "buzz". He'd always whisper in my ear and ask me what I want and I'd just tell him to go a bit shorter than usual, but leave me some frigging hair to play with. SATURDAY ... all that changed. I saw him wink at Lynn ... then ZIP! I got my buzz! That old bastard shaved my ass and Lynn LOVES it! She said it's the first decent haircut I've had since she's known me. I told her I've had the same hair style since my first haircut as a child (just a bit longer in the 70's) ... she said that should be an obvious sign I need a change! :(

The rotten bastard joined the enemy! Maybe I won't miss him afterall! :D

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm visualizing a 62 year old potato.

BKB

jb
12-18-2013, 03:52 PM
ya, one that was left in the bag to long.

Captain
12-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Taters don't grow that big... :D

Big Muddy
12-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Thump, no sheeit man, you DO have a big noggin....what size hat you wear, anyway??? ;)

LJ3
12-18-2013, 04:18 PM
It'd be big enough to keep Mickey D's in fries thru the end of 2020!

Captain
12-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Thump, no sheeit man, you DO have a big noggin....what size hat you wear, anyway??? ;)
They don't measure it in "size" they measure it in Gallons....

Thumper
12-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Youse dufes are gonna miss me when I'm gone.

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Thump's melon is so big, he doesn't have a forehead, he has a fivehead.

BKB

Thumper
12-18-2013, 05:26 PM
SOME of us NEED that extra brain storage.

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Thumper's head is so big, he has to go around the corner to change his mind.
BKB