PDA

View Full Version : If the Patriot Act made you mad,

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 06:53 PM
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/18/21955636-obama-task-force-calls-for-overhauls-to-surveillance-tactics?lite

this one ought to blow you away. Course, if the Patriot Act made you mad, you probably think these tactics are legitimate.

Not that it matters. This "Task Force" will probably be listened to about like Simpson-Bowles was.

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 07:16 PM
The Patriot Act did make me mad. Not sure why that makes mecthink one way orthe other about this. The Patriot Act should be repealed. The government needs to quit spying on Americans in the name of making them safe. News flash.....we don't need secret 'surveillance' to make us safe. I'm beginning to think Snowden might actually be a hero for his beliefs on this issue. That scares the bejeebers out of me. But this NSC shit is totally fucking wrong.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.

BKB

Captain
12-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Lord remember this day, Posthole and I totally agree! :-)
I got jumped here once trying to defend Snowden, been quiet on the issue every since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

quercus alba
12-18-2013, 07:27 PM
I Have no idea what any of that means. Anybody care to summarize in laymen terms?

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 07:28 PM
I was taught to have a healthy respect for security, and its hard to see this Snowden do things that are this criminal and expect toget away with it. But sometimes its whats right that matters the most. In my mind, the jury isn't in on that asshole. But I'm definitely interestedcin what he's had to say.

BKB

Captain
12-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Back in the 1700's there was a group of folks that broke a bunch of Laws (at that time) and actually started a country....
Even signed their name to a document that meant sure death had the war gone the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 09:17 PM
"We don't need secret surveillance to make us safe".

He said.

Actually, I don't mind the secret surveillance. I DO mind the fact that someone stupider'n me decided it needed to be secret, and paid for the secretizing of it with MY money.

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 09:18 PM
"We don't need secret surveillance to make us safe".

He said.

Actually, I don't mind the secret surveillance. I DO mind the fact that someone stupider'n me decided it needed to be secret, and paid for the secretizing of it with MY money.

Geez..........another 30 seconds wait..........

Thumper
12-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Bucky's just trying to up his post count so he can look like a regular. ;)