PDA

View Full Version : Duck Dynasty just found a new home somewhere..........

Buckrub
12-18-2013, 09:44 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=844242

I'm gonna bet two dollars and a pickled peanut that they are soon on another network. Just an observation, not a comment.

Captain
12-18-2013, 10:17 PM
That's gonna go over like a turd in the punch bowl....
Why ask someone their opinion if you are just going to bitch about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2013, 10:36 PM
The networks are driven by money. That's what will be the decider, not how they feel about peter puffers. I'd agree with Bucky, somebody will pick them up in a heartbeat.

BKB

Thumper
12-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Nothing like trying to "script" a "reality" show.

Big Muddy
12-19-2013, 01:53 AM
A&E knew what they were getting, religion and all, when they signed up the Robertson family....so, they shouldn't be too surprised that ole Phil spoke his mind....I imagine ole Phil told his wife, Kaye, "Screw 'em, don't need 'em. Let's go kill a muskrat for supper."....just like he told Martha Stewart, when she invited him to be on her show, "Sorry, honey, I'll be duck hunting."

You gotta appreciate his honesty....money doesn't mean sheeit to Phil....heck, he still lives in a double-wide trailer.

quercus alba
12-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Phil has an opportunity to strike a blow for the Christian here. I hope he tells them to kiss him on his Arkansas Highball and the family backs him up. The homosexual crowd needs to understand, it ain't all about them.

On a technical issue, I'm having to change my password every day to get in

HideHunter
12-19-2013, 09:43 AM
I'll bet Willy is tearing his hair .. and beard. I'm wondering who thought it was a good idea for Phil to do that interview. They bait interviewees unmercifully just hoping for something like this. You know regardless of what you think about homosexuality.. it's the damned double standard that pisses me off to no end. Gays. Muslims, black racists, movie stars.. they can all say anything they want.. freedom of speech.

Oh and "me too" on the password.

Big Skyz
12-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Go Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Muddy
12-19-2013, 11:00 AM
This morning, Phil issued a statement in response to A&E....to paraphrase it:

"God loves everyone....God made 'em, so I love 'em, too, regardless of their beliefs or my beliefs."

In a nutshell, I think Phil just said, "I love vaginas....queers can go f--k themselves." ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2013, 11:07 AM
My bet is that A&E will lift the 'suspension' once they feel the maximum exposure has been reached and that when its been reinstated, Phil and A&E will make an assload of cash out of it and they'll be happy as clams.

BKB

Thumper
12-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Is the complete interview posted on-line someplace? I watched a news show this morning where they were discussing this mess and they said there was actually MUCH more in the interview that has not been televised ... and it's BIG TIME troubling what was said. They said they can't discuss it on television, so I suppose it can only be read in the actual article.

I could give a squat ... I've tried to watch the show a dozen times, but really can't get into it and become a regular viewer. It's like most "reality" shows ... I really think 95% of it is trumped up for the entertainment value and there's very little "reality" involved.

Big Muddy
12-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Thump, they're prolly referring to Phil's reference in the interview, as to """a vagina, being much more desirable than another man's anus."""

Thumper
12-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Possibly ... and I sure can't disagree! ;)

Big Muddy
12-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Same ole double-standard bullsheeit !!!!

Buckrub
12-19-2013, 01:08 PM
I guess the Nobel Prize is Noble, eh?

Buckrub
12-19-2013, 03:00 PM
BTW, I fully support A&E's stupid decision to fire him. They can hire and fire whomever they want.

But since Phil is in EVERY episode, even if only at the end, not sure how they can simply ban him only.

FooBang
12-19-2013, 03:10 PM
You hit the nail on the head! Look how much publicity they're getting. Truth be told, I never heard of Duck Dynasty afore today.

--Foo

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Phil Robertson was much more fun when he was making 'Duckmen' duck hunting videos on VHS and biting the heads of crippled ducks to kill them instead of preaching. If A&E thinks he's politically incorrect now.... they should have seen him when he was running with Red Dog and the boys. Jase was just a wierd teenager then and the rest of the clan wasn't heard of. It was a hell of a lot more fun to watch them shooting the shit out of ducks with steel shot through old A5s (wonder how many they ruined?). Duck Dynasty isn't even a show that any duck hunters I know even watch.

BKB

Thumper
12-19-2013, 03:39 PM
I simply look at it as a "comedy" show. No reality. No hunting. Just a good network comedy. Problem is, I DO think they're funny ... I just can't get "hooked" and very seldom watch.

Penguin
12-19-2013, 05:07 PM
I've heard he's a blast to watch but I have to admit I've only seen a few minutes of one episode. Seemed like a fun guy to be around though.

After watching the tv while on the treadmill at the gym and seeing this topic all over the internet I am convinced that I am the only dude in America who doesn't really care. I don't care what some duck hunting hoopee from Louisiana thinks of homosexuals. I don't care what some gay commentator thinks about the remarks by some duck hunting hoopee from Louisiana.

We've got functional illiterate numbers that could make a saint weep. We've got a national debt that laid dollar to dollar could stretch to the moon and back. We've got an out of control banking system that cannot even obey the laws which they themselves write and pay their lapdogs to put into law. An industrial base that has been bludgeoned by so called global trade. Unemployment numbers that calculated in anything resembling honest numbers are right out of the great depression.

And what do we talk about? Miley Cirus' latest peepshow video. Lindsey Lohan's latest plastic surgery debacle. Kanye West's most recent idiotic ramblings. Jessica Simpson's latest rash.....

I hate to sound doomish but I fear the days of this nation being privileged enough to afford this kind of societal masturbation are numbered. The cultural warriors are distracting the nation from important matters and our national dialogue is a damned disgrace.

There.

Merry fucking Christmas. :p

Will

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2013, 05:18 PM
LOL....one of my nephews put it pretty well when he said the other day that god must have his hand close to the 'CTL-ALT-DET' buttons.

BKB

FooBang
12-19-2013, 05:31 PM
What's this about Miley Cirus, now? Do tell!

--Foo

Penguin
12-19-2013, 05:34 PM
~snort~

Wouldn't doubt it a bit. I can hear him right now "Well then find me one man in the city.... "

Will

Buckrub
12-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Who are those people, Will?

Buckrub
12-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Well, now I KNOW he just doubled his hunting clientele!!! And his new network ain't gonna be BET....

I don't care how "vitriolic" (a word no one ever heard of till the PC crowd grew a set) a man's words are. You are offended yourownself. I can NOT offend you. That's up to you. Most of us ignore stupid statements. But some crowds just can't. They want the world to conform to them, right now, and in a hurry.

The Chasm Deepens.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-phil-robertson-digs-his-hole-a-little-deeper-by-also-stinging-african-americans-173821415.html

Chicken Dinner
12-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Will, you forgot that the Masons are the spawn of Satan.:D

Captain
12-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Will, you forgot that the Masons are the spawn of Satan.:D

I guess it's my turn to be offended.... ;)

LJ3
12-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Will gets best post of the year... right in under the wire!

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2013, 08:47 PM
I think I'd second that, Len. We need to think of a name for an award. Like the Goober Award or something.

BKB

FooBang
12-19-2013, 08:49 PM
I don't know what you have against brick layers, Hank...

--Foo

HideHunter
12-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I guess it's my turn to be offended.... ;)

and me.. ;)

Captain
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks for having my back Traveler.... :D

Big Muddy
12-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

I guess it's my turn to be offended....

and me.. ;)

And me, too. ;)

Thumper
12-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Hey! Don't forget me in this group. I'm offensive too!

No wait! What did youse dufes say?

quercus alba
12-20-2013, 08:15 AM
ACLU rocks.. Down with all you haters

judges 21:25
In those days there was no king in the land: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Christians are downright pissed off about Phil, but I barely detect a rise in heartbeat from the about how many homeless folks there are. Oh wait, if they're homeless they must be slackers. (cue jCM's Jackie Brown) i barely hear a whimper about the people who go hungry right in their own neighborhoods. Where's the petition to end poverty?
No, instead there's righteous indignation about the so-called religious persecution of a millionaire. And this in a world where there's still real religious persecution on every continent.

Maybe the world has gone mad, as was suggested before.

BKB

Captain
12-20-2013, 09:32 AM
You could feed a bunch of them. I bet several of them could eat for a year on what you throw down on one scuba diving trip to some of the islands.
Stir, stir.....

Chicken Dinner
12-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Chilly Willy knows what I'm talking about...

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Prolly so, Cpatain, but then again I'm not the one claiming to be a victim either.

BKB

Penguin
12-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah, Hank is razzin' me about a different internet argument he witnessed on another site. I got sucked into one of those "Masons worship Satan! OMG!" threads. Spent a bunch of time tracking down hoaxes, out of context quotes, and lies about what some Masonic philosopher had written. Took a good bit of time and it was totally wasted effort. No one wanted the truth they wanted a chance to spout their own bigotry and lies. I felt like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football. :)

My rant from last night was heartfelt. I meant every single word I said. And I'd say it again. But I didn't mean to insult anyone on this site nor single out one group alone for criticism.

There are many, many issues where we need to act. Tough, difficult decisions that need to be made ASAP. Issues where reality has blown huge, gaping holes in theory. And where the implementation of this flawed theory has ruined people financially, caused much, much unnecessary pain. And further has put the very future of the nation in serious doubt.

And this kind of distraction is one of the reasons why we cannot have a serious discussion about manning the buckets and the pumps while the ship is taking on water and listing to port. Not the reaction itself I suppose, but rather that distractions such as this one are mistaken for serious political dialogue. Identity politics has taken over both political parties and the cultural warriors who direct this kind of thing have been given the ability to brand those who disagree with them as enemies of the state. They have the ability to then state that their pet economic ideology is in fact "liberal" or "conservative" while the other is "communist" or "fascist".

Ever wonder why, in the most revered democracy on the planet, we have SO many issues where the citizenry agree on something to a degree of 60%, 70% (or even more) and yet the issue simply cannot make it through congress or get serious attention by our DC elite? Ever wonder why so many laws and regulations get flaunted and not only do the lawbreakers not go to prison but they are rewarded with Treasury or central bank largesse and support? Ever wonder why major policy that clearly and unequivocally fails (and does so in the most destructive way imaginable) and yet never gets called into question or, heaven forbid, gets reversed?

This whole episode shows it clearly. Right here. Black and white.

Because these cultural warriors and their political allies would much rather have us off in the corner jacking ourselves off to the latest make believe, side show, culture wars controversy. And we're only too happy to oblige them.

Will

Thumper
12-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Dang you gots a purty mouth there Willie! ;)

quercus alba
12-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Masons are kinda suspicious acting with their secret handshakes and passwords and stuff. Gotta be the devils work. The internet don't lie

Penguin
12-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Dang you gots a purty mouth there Willie! ;)

It's a gift.... sometimes. :)

Will

HideHunter
12-20-2013, 02:04 PM
I agree.. I think I've even got a couple of Willy's posts "saved" somewhere.. I'll pass them off as mine at the proper time. ;)

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Hmm...........

Actually, and this is JUST my opinion........I think two things. One is that this is an internet chat site with a name like "Campfire". I can't see where it's valid to be chastised for discussing item A, just because items B, C, and D are more 'important'. I never have bought the argument that we can't focus on such-and-such an issue/problem because there are others that are more deserving.

That logic, carried to its logical conclusion, would require that we devise a prioritized list of ALL problems, mutually agree on its order, and then only discuss Item #1 till its conclusion, and then and then only go to item #2.

Sorry, but I can multi task, man. Just ask my wife when I have the remote (Thankfully, Direct TV now lets me surf FIVE previous channels, not TWO).

And #2, even if we did prioritize all issues, I'd still put this one up around the top 20 or so. I mean, a discussion in America over 1st Amendment rights, Political Correctness, Social Behavior, Tolerance vs. Acceptance, Love for all our fellow men, etc.........seems important to me, somehow. And this one has all that!

And I give to the homeless. But I don't give all that I have. I'll probably be punished for that (among 1,000,000 other things). But after I decide to give X, I then move on to other issues and stop worrying about that issue, cause I've done all that I plan on doing about it, right or wrong.

Penguin
12-20-2013, 02:58 PM
No offense meant toward anyone on this site I assure you Bill. I wasn't calling anyone out or sitting here shaking a condescending head at the discussions on this forum. It really isn't about the issue of Robertson's words or the repercussions for them.

It is about captive constituencies. How they are formed and how they are held in place. And how these captive constituencies are crippling the political decision making process in this country.

When an issue like this comes up and someone gets all fired up and the self righteous anger takes hold it only helps ensure that they point the finger at someone on the other side who is all fired up and full of self righteous anger and pointing a finger at them from across the ideological divide. The political machines depend on this happening in order for them to maintain a status quo that actively hurts not only a lot of folks on both sides but most other folks in the country. Not only because it is distracting but also because these captive constituencies will buy into completely absurd party positions, or at the least tolerate them, because of the alliances that are attached to the vehicle of their ideology, the party.

Identity politics and captive constituencies go hand in hand. Both sides do it. Everything from gun rights to abortion to environmental concerns to gay rights to religious expression to women's rights to ethnic background to heaven knows what else can be and has been brought into the fold of one party or another in this game of political bait and switch. The elites of both parties know this and encourage it.

There is no way to win one of these culture war/identity politics wars. The only way to diffuse it is not to take part.

Will

HideHunter
12-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Wow.. he did it again I'm going to steal it.. I may not even wait. ;)

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 03:37 PM
I wish we had subscribed to George Washington's Farewell Address.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 04:58 PM
What did he have to say, Bucky? Not familiar with it.
BKB

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 05:08 PM
You should read it. It's amazing.

The two points that stick out to me were advice that the US should 1) NEVER meddle in another country's affairs, and B) NEVER EVER EVER form or allow any political parties.

LJ3
12-20-2013, 05:10 PM
In a nutshell he said "don't get carried away with this thing just yet. It is seriously fucked up still and will implode if not continually kept in very close check." I may be paraphrasing a little bit but I think you were being a saracsmadufe anyways :)

We didn't.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM
For some time, it seems like it was in vogue for historians to write negative stuff about some of our founders. There still seems to be. I appreciate it that they were human more than I ever hold anything against them. Like Washington and his slave owning for example. We can't imagine someone actually believing that humans could be chattel, but it was much easier to imagine in those days. I think it was wrong of him, but then again he didn't have the benefit of history to pull from either. Anyways, all of that to say I like old George and I agree with his sentiments on parties and being a nosy neighbor.

BKB

LJ3
12-20-2013, 05:30 PM
I tried to read his address a few times. I'm honestly not wired to understand what the hell he's trying to say short of general concepts. I came a way feeling dull and just short of stupid :)

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 05:35 PM
OK, back to the original subject.

Now THIS is almost funny.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=844528

This "video" is a common practice.........videotaping (for those who can't attend) the sermons of preachers. Phil preaches some on Sunday. Imagine that! Ha.

And if you want more videos of preachers preaching against abortion, homosexuality, immorality, let me know. I know first hand where tons of 'em are. I know second hand were a ZILLION are.

See, now, this article is skewing a religious service by calling it a "resurfaced video" and saying Phil is condemning this and that. Phil is simply quoting scripture here, or at worst paraphrasing it. Romans 1: 18-32 if you are interested.

This is not going to stop here.......... it won't be long and his entire church (his son is the preacher) will be villified, then many churches, then most churches....

you wait and see. That's why this is not just a silly discussion over money and bad behavior. This is going to get deep.

BarryBobPosthole
He was a surveyor. You ever know any surveyors? If you do, you know what I mean when I say they aren't the most creative of minds. (I worked on a chain gang for a surveyor a few times. It was like prison labor)

BKB

HideHunter
Kind on that same wave length, Len.. When I read the works of many of those men (Jefferson, especially, comes to mind) I'm very humbled almost bowed. The intelligence (and education) of these men boggles my mind.

Captain
12-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Prolly so, Cpatain, but then again I'm not the one claiming to be a victim either. BKB

I have not seen where the Robertson's were considering themselves victims.
I was just knocking on you bitchin about the Christians bitchin'. And it read as if they could bitch as long as it was a subject you cared about (hungry/homeless)
Thought it ironic that your bitchin' about them was OK but them bitchin' about A&E was not....
Just the way I read it, or you wrote it. :D

Bwana
12-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Boy, you gents are good at this nit-picking stuff. ;)

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 06:17 PM
To the nuts it's a nit, to the nits it's a nut. Pick a nut, pick a nit, here a pick, there a pick, nit nut here, nit nut there, everywhere a nit nut.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 06:20 PM
And if you're nose to nose, your toes are in it and if you're toe to toe.....

BKB

Captain
12-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Boy, you gents are good at this nit-picking stuff. ;)
It takes a lot of practice.
Spend 30 years in court with attorneys twisting every detail and word, you sorta get with the program.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Bucky, I think Larke just called you a lawyer and me a judge. I'm not sure how to take that.

BKB

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Now it's MY turn to be offended!!!!

Captain
12-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Judge Burton, sounds like a hangin' judge to me....

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Well, I ain't seen 'em, but at this age, they probably are..............

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Its Bruton, thankyouverymuch.

Geeze, is that so hard?

BKB

Captain
12-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Yea it is when you have auto correct....
Oh and Bite me your honor. :D

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Lol, you're the only one who caught that, SD.

BKB

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Who's SD?

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Larke knows. 'Shit Disturber'

BKB

Captain
12-21-2013, 06:25 AM
:-)