PDA

View Full Version : Robertson's response....no show without Phil....

Big Muddy
12-20-2013, 11:06 AM
ROBERTSON FAMILY STATEMENT:
"We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate. We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

quercus alba
12-20-2013, 11:29 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with their decision.

Thumper
12-20-2013, 11:33 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with their decision.

Whose? A&E's? Or the Robertsons? ;)

quercus alba
12-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Both.

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Of course.

As I said originally, some network is about to make lots of money. And the show is probably going to get more "coarse" on that network, and less PC. Outstanding!

And it's hard to imagine that this show is that popular, but hey....it probably is....and just could be the impetus for a heightened effort to eliminate PC in our lifetime. It is destroying so many.....*sniff*....I do hope this helps wipe it out.

I will go out of my way to be politically incorrect just because the 1st Amendment says I can.

I knew "they" hated the 2nd Amendment, but I guess I never thought they hated the 1st also.

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 01:33 PM
It appears he also said this in the interview, but that's not going to be brought out:

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus — whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 01:53 PM
You keep talking about 'PC' like A&E made some kneejerk reaction because nobody wants to see christian values on TV. Please note that A&E is the one who put them on the air in the first damned place. I like to watch Al Lindner's Angling Edge. Its a show on ESPN. At the end of every show, Al gives a little devotional and prayer and reads some scripture. EPSN chickened out and made Al take that part out of his ESPN episodes and he did. A&E doesn't edit anything out of their shows and includes the prayers and thoughts of the family. All the sudden because of some quite racist and homophobic statements (yes, in the real world those things he said are considered homophobic) he said and A&E suspended him, all the sudden they're being 'PC'.

this is the most trumped up pile of crap I've ever seen.

BKB

Thumper
12-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't see where they're so danged "innovative" in the anti-PC department. Heck, Archie Bunker and the Jefferson's beat 'em to it a long time ago. Much ado over nuttin' IMHO.

Thumper
12-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Dang .. ya' kind'a sort'a beat me to it there P-hole. ;)

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 02:21 PM
If it's trumped up, stop talking about it. I think it has possibilities of being important.

And man, you can NOT write PC crap out of this one, just cause you want to! Geez, dude! PC is all over this. In fact, you just said they were. You said in the real world, his words are considered homophobic.

I guess I live in Fantasy Land. In my real world, most folks think Phil is a Liberal mealy mouth. :waving Course, you'd reply that your world is real, and mine isn't.

Which is what my comments are about here, anyway.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 02:27 PM
My world isn't any more real than yours. I just think that most of the world has moved on from considering homosexuality a choice, a sexual preference, an illness that can be cured, and a cardinal sin. While I don't claim to understand why homosexuality exists or even how it could work, I don't waste any of my time worrying about what they do or why. Ya see, its like this, I can't control what they do I can only control what I do. I like the split tails. and if somebody else doesn't, it just leaves more for me!

BKB

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't think about it either. If it's a sin, so be it. So is lying, deceiving, murder, rape, and being a Democrat.

But he does think about it, apparently.

So you're saying his problem is that he's out of the current mainstream thinking???

Thumper
12-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Ummmm, what could POSSIBLY be considered "mainstream" about the Robertsons? ;)

Buckrub
12-20-2013, 02:39 PM
I get that. I agree.

But Posthole's main point of what Phil did wrong is that he is espousing outloud opinions that are not mainstream.

Like biting a duck's head to finish him off is mainstream.

I don't get his arguments, is what I'm saying. I'm trying, but just don't see what he's bothered about here.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm not at all bothered about Phil or what he said. I'm bothered that when somebody says something stupid and gets suspended by their bosses for it, that folks get up in arms like he is being persecuted for it by some evil empire.

Usually it's YOU defending the evil empire. This is an odd position for me.

BKB

HideHunter
12-20-2013, 03:08 PM
and my problem with the whole thing is: If some gay/Muslim/ atheist/anti-white/liberal celebrity person had made similar opposing comments (especially in a forum *not* related to A$E) they "might" have put a disclaimer at the beginning of their respective shows and that, my friend, would have been *that*.