PDA

View Full Version : Lost a cat yesterday ....

Thumper
12-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Lynn and I did a bit of grocery shopping yesterday and returned home around 1:00 pm. We put all the groceries away and just took it easy the rest of the day. We have two cats who go outside during the day and come in at night (the other 4 stay in the house at all times). One of the "outside" cats (Duke) is a real trip and if a door of ANY kind is opened, he runs right through it. No thought, no checking it out first ... he just zips right through! He learned the hard way about the one cabinet door in the upstairs bathroom a while back. It's a laundry chute that leads to a very large storage bin in the laundry room downstairs. You can figure out the results of that one I'm sure! It doesn't matter what we open, he's IN THERE in a flash. Kitchen cabinets, you name it. In fact, we always have to drag him out of the dishwasher before we turn it on because every time we open it to add dishes ... or soap to WASH the dishes, he's in there in a split second!

Well, last night we went to let the cats in and Duke was nowhere to be found. The last time that happened, our neighbor told us he found Duke lying on their bathroom counter. Evidently he slipped past them as they entered the house and made himself at home! We found him another time after being locked in another neighbor's garage overnight. He evidently slipped in as they returned from dinner and they didn't notice him. (he's slick) Anyway, we went out to get him in the house a dozen times last night and he was nowhere to be found. Between Lynn and myself, we got VERY little sleep last night as one of us was getting up to go outside to see if he was home every 30 mins. or so. NADA all night long. Of course Lynn was TOTALLY upset when she had to leave for work this morning. I made the rounds to the neighbor's houses to see if he'd "accidentally" been locked up in one of their garages overnight ... but to no avail. I began to suspect the worst and Lynn has been calling every 30 mins. to see if I've found him.

Well, I just went out to the garage freezer to pull a package of sausage for lunch and there he was! Hungry as all get out ... but unharmed. I guess when we returned from the store and put groceries away, he slipped into the garage and we never noticed. We both thought he'd gone back outside after coming in for lunch. So ... the pressure is off until his next adventure. He's a little shithead but I have to admit, he's cool. Like these guys. :D

Big Muddy
12-23-2013, 02:50 PM
A big gray cat showed up under our carport one night, last week....pretty sure someone dropped it off by our driveway.

Spent the night on top of wife's car....Sandy woke up at daylight....cat no longer resides here.

Luv the pic, btw....however, the "Jim" cat looks a little ac/dc. ;)

Captain
12-23-2013, 03:10 PM
I could break old Duke of that crap. Next time he jumped in the dish washer I'd close it and cut it on...
Of course he ain't likely to get to put too many tracks anywhere around my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
12-23-2013, 03:15 PM
OOOOooooo, I'm tellin' Lynn what you saaaaid! ;)

Buckrub
12-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Don't worry, Thump.

Cappy ain't got a clue how to turn it on.

Captain
12-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Don't worry, Thump. Cappy ain't got a clue how to turn it on.

For a cat killin' I could find me an on switch... :D

HideHunter
12-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I looked - ours has a "pussy and pans" cycle. :D

Buckrub
12-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Better'n puttin' 'em in the microwave. That stuff is HARD to clean up!!

Captain
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Better'n puttin' 'em in the microwave. That stuff is HARD to clean up!!

Not If you got one of them old sit on the counter and plug in microwaves. Just leave the door open possums will clean it up over night.

jb
12-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Nothing wrong with a pussy getting washed now an then, sort of takes a little of the fish taste away

Thumper
12-23-2013, 08:27 PM
No biggie Bubba ... once ya' get past the smell ya' got it licked. ;)

Big Skyz
12-24-2013, 02:06 PM
No problem Cappy, you throw it in, I'll push the on button.

Thumper
12-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Youse guys are sick puppies ... sick I tell ya'! ;)