PDA

View Full Version : Delete issue...

Captain
12-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Playing around this morning on the iPhone with this delete issue.
I started with forum runner and could not find the delete button (later found it, more about that later)
So I switched to Safari and under edit the delete is at the top. It gives me the choice to delete the typing or to remove the post.
Under Forum Runner hit edit and when you get the screen to edit in the upper right hand, next to the send button you will see a "+" sign. Hit that and the delete button is there.
Hope this fixes it for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Captain
12-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Eddie, how are you posting? On home computer or iPhone? What software???

Captain
12-24-2013, 08:36 AM
I just did my firstous Admin action. I removed Eddies "test" thread. Ain't y'all proud of me?

Niner
12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Way to go, buddy!
Hope that Pig & Vittles was good last night.

After thinking on this last night, AND reading your post here, I am wondering if it's just a subtle difference between Version 4.2.0 and 4.2.2 of the software...

Folks, I didn't mean to come across as "pissed off"....but when someone throws a snit-fit and says they won't be posting because some little thing didn't get fixed ASAP....well....that did torque my jaw a bit.

Captain
12-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Man that BBQ was really good last night or I was extra hungry one or the other...
I think this whole issue is there were some changes In the way the updated software looks and places stuff.
I know in forum runner under the old software the little drop down box included, edit, report, share, quote and delete. The delete is gone from that drop down menu now. To find it you hit edit and then when the edit box comes up there is a little "+" sign beside the "send" button. If you hit that + sign the delete comes up..
I played around with Safari this morning and found it OK there too
I really don't know how Firefox, IE and others look as I'm seldom on a big computer anymore.
Sunny uses Forum Runner a lot and she probably noticed the delete was gone from the options on the drop down and thought perhaps we had removed it so she could not delete her threads. She regularly deletes all threads she starts and replies to other peoples threads from time to time. A habit I wish she would not do...
Merry Christmas, Captain

Big Muddy
12-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Cap, it happened on my home pc, ipad, and iphone....tried it again late last night and the delete function appeared outta nowhere....working fine, now.

Captain
12-24-2013, 11:27 AM
I guess Sunny will post now... ;-)

Big Muddy
12-24-2013, 12:00 PM
I guess Sunny will post now... ;-)

You gonna get a tongue-lashing !!! ;););)

Captain
12-24-2013, 01:07 PM
You gonna get a tongue-lashing !!! ;););)
I'm so use to being chewed out by Blondes.....

Bucky you said
"This message has been deleted by Buckrub.
Reason
ain't no plus sign, but this one is deleted, bye bye"

You cannot retain ANYTHING you read can you.
I said a couple of times above that the "+" sign only shows up in Forum Runner
So if you are not using Forum Runner you will not see that.
You just don't read or retain plain English do you....