PDA

View Full Version : Sniff...

Chicken Dinner
12-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Just dropped the older Man Cub off at the airport for two weeks in Thailand and Laos. It's an amazing opportunity for him, but tough on Mom and Dad to not have him home on Christmas Day. I guess you guys with older kids may be used to it. But, it's a first for us. (I think little brother may be taking it even harder...)

LJ3
12-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Dang, that would mess me up too Hank....

Thumper
12-24-2013, 10:33 AM
What messes me up is I'm not going with him! I'd offer free guide service! ;)

Let me guess ... ummmm, Bangkok and Vientiane? Details man!!!

jb
12-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Mom cried every time we dropped our 3 sons off at college, it's part of being a parent, if you don't then something big is missing from your life.

Thumper
12-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Ok, I'm packing my bag. I speak both Thai and Lao, so he "needs" me! Here's the plan.

Once he arrives at Suvarnabhumi, have him catch a cab to the Sukhumvit Rd. area and grab a hotel. Give me 'til midnight Christmas Day and I'll meet him at Nana Plaza on Soi 4, just off Suki. He can't miss it. Once we hook up, I promise to take VERY good care of him. You have NOTHING to worry about. Truuuust me. :D

Chicken Dinner
12-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Jimbo - he's headed straight to Chingmai through Seoul on KAL. Than, a few days each in Vientienne and Luang Prabang to check out my old stomping grounds. So, we'll save Bangkok and Patia until he's older. I thought of you when I gave him the fatherly advice to check under the hood before making any girlfriends over there...

Thumper
12-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Ha ha ha! Hey! I love Chiang Mai. I assume he'll go straight up to Luang Prabang from there and THEN head across to Vientiane.

I always go through Seoul on KAL also. Incheon is a VERY nice airport and KAL has dang nice flight attendants! ;)

Man-o-man, I have the itch to get back into those travels. I'll just have to live vicariously for a bit longer I guess. Sounds like a great trip and this time of year is the perfect weather.

Big Skyz
12-24-2013, 03:45 PM
First off, that would be a little tough cutting him loose during the holiday season, but man-oh-man what an opportunity!

I lived in Incheon for nearly half a year. Now y'all got me homesick for Asia. I truly did learn to love the people and culture of Korea. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to go back and visit Korea, as well as many other Asia countries as possible. Jimmy you were a lucky man to spent as much quality time as you did over there.

Captain
12-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Wow. That is a great opportunity for him. I know you and your wife will miss him. But I'm sure he will be full of stories when he gets back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
12-24-2013, 05:00 PM
... But I'm sure he will be full of stories when he gets back.

Especially after hooking up and partying with those backpackers in Luang Prabang! :D